Thread: mapmaker for a non-fiction book project

Default mapmaker for a non-fiction book project

Hello Mapmakers!

I’m a researcher working for author/journalist Jonathan Franklin http://jonathanfranklin.com/ on a non-fiction book project about conservation and national parks in South America, Book to be published next year by a NY publishing company.

We’re looking for development of 7-8 maps for the interior pages of the book, all in b&w. We have clear reference maps of the places we need to include in our story, but most need tweaking in order to get the details right. Licensing of maps for commercial use in books, paid work for hire, map artist can use the final maps in a portfolio, but no other publications.

We estimate design of these maps will take 4-6 weeks, please quote for development of the maps, plus 2-3 rounds of edits.

Please contact me via email to receive reference materials, and to cover any details needed to quote the work. bud.theisen at gmail.com

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind regards, Bud

Hi Bud! Welcome to the Cartographer's Guild where you're sure to find someone who can do this for you. Many of us take commissions for book projects (myself included). However, this section is not the correct part of the site to get the attention of most of our great cartographers. https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...splay.php?f=51 is the section you should post to get maximum eyes on your ad. If you post this over there, several people will respond within the course of a few days, giving you a spread of talented individuals who are practised in doing cartographic commissions for novels, but not all of the commission takers are folk who make a habit of participating on the rest of the site and it's likely to languish unseen if you don't mirror this ad to that section.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thanks for the advice, I'm a newbie, it's not obvious where to post this.