Thread: The Lazy Minnow (7x Steamship Encounter Maps)

Map The Lazy Minnow (7x Steamship Encounter Maps)

Hey everyone! Enc here. I made a few steamship maps for my players as they sail the vast seas, complete with some weather variations:
    The party bought this steamship for a steal! What a bargain (something breaks), still you can't beat that price (engine explodes). Such savings!
    I'm planning on using this ship a lot in the future so I made some weather variations.

Having a boat isn't worth much if you don't have somewhere to go. Like the treacherous Siren's Rock:

Or this random ice floe, for all your penguin needs:

Ultimately, these are all distractions as the party is heading to Revalia, great city of the north!

My players used all of these on our session last night, with the party having to stop and repair, or find fresh water, on their way to revalia through storms, gryphon attacks, and a quick sidequest involving a jolly old elf:

We had a lot of fun, and I learned a lot on these maps. The terrain on the Ice Floe and the Siren's Rock are a bit too stairstep for my tastes, and I'm working on better ways to conver depth without relying on the sketchup smoove tool (which requires more computer resources than I can field right now). Any suggestions to this end would be appreciated. All these are shrunk down, hence the bad resolution isses (I keep the full size (4500x4500 72dpi) ones on my website, message me if you want a link for your own campaigns).

Next week will probably be exclusively urban maps as my players sneak around Revalia at night (to the background music of Narshe from FF6).

Happy holidays everyone!

These are quality. I run too low tech campaigns to use them though what program do you use to make/display these?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by a.coldyham View Post
    These are quality. I run too low tech campaigns to use them though what program do you use to make/display these?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the comment! I use Sketchup to do the initial modeling and then export the files into Photoshop for painting and texturing. My campaign is vaguely steampunk, so occasionally steamships appear in addition to the knights and dragons and such that generally dominate my storylines.

More fine work Enc.
    Did you do all of Revalia? Looks big and impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    More fine work Enc.
    Did you do all of Revalia? Looks big and impressive.
    I'm working on making the entire city (as needed). I made about a dozen house blocks with a lot of detail and then flipped and copied them as needed (along with the well, streetlamp, and some other models that haven't shown up yet. I'll post more Revalia soon