Thread: An Oasis for a Mumakil

Default An Oasis for a Mumakil

Hi all,

I'm a roleplayer (a French one, so sorry for my bad English).
    I'm mastering an adventure in the Lord of the Ring world, the Middle Earth.

It's a PBF (play by forum) adventure that takes place at this site: http://www.jdroll.org. Take care, it's in French.
    Specifically, the adventure takes place in the Harad desert. The players have to approach and kill a influent Haradrim from the city "An Karagmir". This city lays East of Umbar.
    A small river runs through the city from the small mountains between Umbar and An Karagmir.

Here is the map I want to use for the region. You can find Umbar and An Karagmir in the South.

I need several maps. I was wondering if it has some interests for some of you to help me creating them.

First of all, there is the Oasis outside the town.
    It's a small but very rich village belonging to Ghizlan Ben Ikarim. This character is a Mumakil rider. So he his immensely important and rich. He owns his Mumakil. Everyone respects and fear him. The local tribes pay a lot to get the Mumakil along their troops when battling with other tribes. A festival is organized every year in honor of Choukri, his Mastodont. Ghizlan gets around one hundred slaves to take care of his Mumakil. He also has two wifes and four children.
    So, the map would be composed of four area:
    • Palace: a very large and comfortable house, with a lot of corners and shades, pools with precious fishes, small shady yards to take the tea, mosaics everywhere, rares trees and flowers. The house is surrounded by a very nice and riche garden.
    • Slaves quarter: Decent houses for the slaves. There is also a prison for disobedients, but a small one. The slaves works on the house but mostly in the fields that provide food to the Mumakhil. There are a lot of small garden to grow vegetables and fruit. There is also an orchard.
    • Fields: vast fields to grow grains and grasses for the Mumakil.
    • Mumakil Island: This island has two bridges that mechanically can turn on themselves to isolate the island or to cross the river to reach the land. On this small island, there are warehouse to store all the equipment for the Mumakil (saddle, platform for archers, harness, chains to attach him, pikes and rakes for his bath, and so on), an enclosure for the animal, and some military mannequin for training the animal to charge.

The second map would be a map for the town by itself, but let start with the Oasis if you want.

Technical data:
    • Scale: Same as Oasis Suruq (excellent job by the way, congrat, J.Edward)
    • Style: Same style as Oasis Suruq
    • Size: 2000x2000 px
    • Time constraint: the campain starts in January
    • Copyright: no copyright. This map will be sha

re with the other players for my rpg.

So, what do you think ? Is it an interesting project ?

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me on this project.

I dis some progress, vers slow.
    I already have three types of houses for the slave village and a well. I'll post them tomorrow.
    I also have a basic mapping with the 4 areas.

Here are the houses.
    I decided to take very warm colors. I took care to have a sunlight orientation from South-Est to North-West so the shade is always on the same direction.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maison1.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	78620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maison2.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	78621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maison3.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	78622

I also added a well. Note the bucket and the shade.

Name:	puits.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	78618

The result for now is this one.
    Not so pretty isn't it ?

Name:	propriete Ghizlan2.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	78619

Any advises ?

Banned User

No, not so pretty, but a good attempt and practice does make you better. Keep working on it

I suggest you move this to the WIP (work in progress) threads, and you will get more ideas and help.

This thread is for people who want to hire a map made for them, so not so many people will watch it