Thread: The World of Falleron

Map The World of Falleron

This map has evolved a lot over the last three years of building this setting with my players, but for Christmas this year I did an overhaul of the map and sent out physical poster prints to my players:

I hope you all like it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falleron-10-15.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	7.28 MB 
ID:	78552  

Very nice map. I like the general color scheme, very "old map". And I really like those forests.

More splendid stuff. You are really pulling out some choice stuff Enc.
    I'll rep if I can. I like the icons.
    I went looking for Revalia but didn't see it. Is it on this map?

edit - have to spread rep around first.

Thanks J! Revalia is up at the very top, in the center.

Ha, I don't know how I missed that - I was looking straight at Winnow when I started looking.

Very nice map, tons of flavor! Care to tell us a bit about the world itself and its realms? Oh and players? I guess RPG players? What system are you using? (yes, i am a big rpg geek myself therefore my interest in both, the system and the setting info ).

Btw, are those Star Raven's brushes? At least the mountains look veeery familiar.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Re- the mountains, they are. I started with that brush set as a template and then added my own after (in some places) to make them less repetitive. I also added a good number of shading layers to give them a bit more depth. The forests were a custom brush layer I made from the default circle, and the map markers were made from a preloaded stamp toolset available through Adobe.

Falleron is my campaign setting for Pathfinder, I use a pretty heavily modified ruleset (I made my own handbook for it over time: https://falleron.wordpress.com/ ). In general, it is a world at about 1600s technology where both magic and some steampunk technology go side by side. Most of the stories are "local" in that the arcs focus upon the Boarhardt Guild, my players, being called to do various tasks for local lords, ladies, or other persons with money to often terrible effect.

That looks wonderful. I love the palette.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Agree with the comments about the colour scheme. It's beautiful and warm.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"