Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World of Kahor: Practice Map 2015

I'm with ChickPea, I dig your overland map style Tainotim. This is charming. And I like the simplicity of your route symbols. Looking forward to seeing the completed version.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Thank you. This is where I am right now. I'm really struggling to figure out how to color the land and water in a good way, but it's difficult, puh. Any suggestion on this are more than welcome.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Attachment 79027
    For the water, maybe you could go with a larger area of blue all around the lands, with the blue being gradually faded to the background? I think this could convey your style. Good job by the way

Big thanks friends! I will try it out Max, see how it turns out

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Experimented a little more, not sure if it's better or not. It's definitely different.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The World of Kahor 6s.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	79053
    Last edited by tainotim; 01-13-2016 at 02:55 AM.

A small update (Haven't had much time). Think I'm happy with the coloring, and started with some labels. In the past I have erased around the labels to make them show better, but here I have tried a slight glow effect to avoid that. Not sure if it's legible enough this way

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The World of Kahor 8s.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	79239

Just amazing tainotim. Have always been in love with your cities and now also these world maps are of an, to me at least, excellent style. Will definitely use it for inspiration in the future

Cheers,
    Barek
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

The colors are excellent, very appropriate. I would add some dots to your sea roads, they are a bit too spaced, especially compared to the land roads.

Big thanks Barek and Ilanthar, means a lot! I haven't had time to finish this one, but I'm almost there. Hopefully I will have time to wrap it up this month

Cheers,
    TAinotim

I don't have much to say except: I like this a lot!

Really nice job, like the subtle color palette. Two small island on bottom left corner, look like they haven't been colored in, may be on purpose, but just wanted to call out. Nice job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12