Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nature Center Map

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    An impressive map, Snodsy. So, I've looking for a nitpick for a long while and I think you could maybe work the river in the top right a little more (with shadows/light?).
    Thanks for the comment, your right I didn't even touch the river, with it being outside the nature center didn't think to, but I'll definetly do something.

Vhey, forgot to turn back on the text layer, which adds some color, maybe a den of red foxes , I'll post the one with text, hopefully that helps

Saria, thanks for the comment

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Don't miss my comment on page 3, you were typing when I was, too
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Thanks j.e. I'll work on those item you mentioned, I wasn't planning on true outlines for the rivers or paths, I tried a stroke and that just didn't seem to work well, I've thought about a shoreline, that may vary in thickness.?, maybe an outline on the path, but maybe just a bit darker, not black? I agree with the stronger highlight, I've tried some strong thin white highlights on the cliffs but didn't look good yet. Probably need to get away from it a few days

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Wonderful work, I really like it! Since you used outlines anyway I would at least use the same thickness around the title (Cincinnati Nature Center stuff) - just because the color chances to the map itself are really subtle, they are probably even less visible after print and the forest seems weirdly cut. Just nitpicking, this is incredible work! =)
    Thanks Steffens, I'm going to print a copy tomorrow, I'm sure your right, I'll put some contrast on the title box, maybe even rework it some, the forest to the right of the title box is what I'm guessing your referring too, it is a little strange there

Just now seeing this. Fabulous work! Great job on the forests and canyon. The colors are really nice too. All around great map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Sometimes for outlines I use a slightly darker hue of the color that I'm outlining.
    So as an example... if it were paths, maybe a green slightly darker than the grass color.
    The water could be a blue darker than the water color. That would be some options.
    I try to stay away from black outlines unless the style calls for it.
    Or if I'm just coloring a black and white line drawing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234