Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: First map, be gentle.

Robert, as always, your ahead of me in class This looks great! Also, I think #6 is the perfect choice for your map, look forward to seeing the update

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by saria View Post
    Robert, as always, your ahead of me in class This looks great! Also, I think #6 is the perfect choice for your map, look forward to seeing the update
    LOL Was pretty much coming on here to say 'Yo, I'm stealing your trees Saria' because I am not liking mine.. I mean, I like it, but... I don't know if it will fit the mountains and I just can't seem to get a coloring style that 'matches' the trees? Its hard to explain. Its like my trees where video game map, my mountains where scenery and my canyons are fantasy map. lol. I'm going to try your tree style/new tree styles and see if I start 'feeling' it... Might just polish up my mountain ranges when I get the chance after hammering out some work.

Go right ahead I just tried a slightly different technique as well, so I'll post that in a little bit so you can blend the two if you want.

Also, go watch the youtubes from xpian, they are fabulous and I learnt a ton, he just posted a forest one as well

Not sure how it looks. I like it better then my old trees. I figured I would after seeing Saria's. lol

But trying my hand at coloring, trying to get a decent theme going, but not sure how its coming off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapadvice.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	79520

My song for building mountains. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4dTLJ9q9o

A bit of coloring to the trees. Not sure how it looks. Any opinions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapadvice3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	79548

Looks good! Not quite so sure about that label that's overlapping the forest, where some of the letters are partially transparent. Could that be moved a little?
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567