Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dundjinni 2.0 Announcement and Update!

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    @Heruca - That link isn't working for me...
    The link is probably still good, but DundJinni Forums is only working about 10% of the time right now so it is hit or miss for the link to work

The DJ forums are pretty unresponsive these days. Sometimes you have to reload many times before a page will load.

To save you the trouble, here's what I posted in that thread:

"Last night, with some invaluable help from Tote, I successfully managed to install Dundjinni v1.0.7 on a new computer (a MacBook Pro). I also managed to get all my artpacks installed/registered. It all runs great, so I am back in business as far as making maps with DJ is concerned.

The installation procedure was not simple and straightforward, but someone willing to jump through a few hoops and tweak things a bit under the hood, it's entirely possible, and can be done in 30 to 60 minutes. Just wanted folks to know that."
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Dundjinni is dead, R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by danielpryor View Post
    Dundjinni is dead, R.I.P.
    Before saying goodbye so quickly and easily, let us first of all say heartfelt thanks to you, Daniel, for doing so much to keep it alive and for doing your best to get Version 2.0 out. You really deserve those thanks.

With that said, we can go to the funeral, shed a tear for the dearly beloved departed, throw a rose onto the coffin and then, as must be, move on. Fortunately, we have Hernan (aka Heruca) on our side, and all indications are that MapForge will be a worthy successor to Dundjinni.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

I'm not sure if you guys saw/heard, but it looks like someone else wants to pick up the DJ2 torch. I expect nothing to come from it, but I thought it worth mentioning.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Quote Originally Posted by heruca View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys saw/heard, but it looks like someone else wants to pick up the DJ2 torch. I expect nothing to come from it, but I thought it worth mentioning.
    You're right, of course, but it's a long way from his posting on a dying forum to Dundjinni 2.0. Skeptics need only ask Daniel. One also might note that the posting has gone without a single reply. And Dundjinni does belong to Mindy, not the public domain. My advice? Skip it and forget it. Resurrections are said to occur only on Easter Sunday.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12