Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milan's workshop

This is looking fabulous!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

thank you, i'm glad you like it

here is a map i put together from those assets yesterday. there is quite a lot of work to be done on forests, they are mess right now. and then some details everywhere...
    the shape is actually Iceland (but the scale is off) I spent almost 3 years of my life there and I like the place a lot so why not to use it as a base for my little fantasy land

Oh my, this will end up amazing! Excellent work with the brushes, your drawing skills are just..wow!
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Very nice work. Excellent tecnique. Did you fraw everything yoyrself from scratch?

Guild Apprentice

thank you!
    well, I drew everything, but I used some Iceland tourist map as a reference for the coastline (roughly drew over it) and some ship painting, because there is no way I could draw a ship out of my head without references Also the small hills and forests are inspired by some 17th century map

I love all of this. I'm sure you'll have to tweak the layering of all the assets, but as wonderful as they are individually, you should end up with something terrific when they're all combined together!

Guild Apprentice

thank you jshoer. next time i must create more pieces of forest that will easily fit next to each other and not overlap. it would save me hours of tedious work...

i think the island itself is final, but now i have to think more about what is going on there. so far i know only that there was a great dwarven kindgom, but their grand cleric performed some evil ritual and turned whole country into a wasteland full of undead dwarves probably became even more powerful lich or something in the process...

i kept some icelandic names in the southwest and used english for the kingdom in the north... will probably use some other language for southeast and northeast...

here is 4k version (i'm making it in 12k, but that might be too much) http://milanvasek.com/_2d/fantasy_map_001.jpg

Fantastic work! I love this.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Saw this on twitter and had to drop by to say this looks great. Nice stuff

Guild Apprentice

thanks a lot, i'm glad you like it. i still feel like it's a child's play compared to some maps i see on this forum still got a lot to learn

today i found a way to make forest really easily. (at least i hope so). i simply made a brush that can use any number of premade shapes - trees and randomly place them, scale them etc... works really well, now it's just a matter of creating nice source shapes for that brush

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast