Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milan's workshop

That's brilliant! And I really like your hand drawn style. This is some really excellent work. Kudos!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice

thank you!

i changed colors again and added a little bit shading to the mountains and hills... also tried playing with different text sizes... naming everything will be a big challenge

Guild Apprentice

i think i'm done with this one. i could spend ages thinking about names, but there is no reason to do that now
    it could be better, but i'm quite happy with it. it's definitely better than what i had in the beginning thanks to this forum an seeing all the cool stuff here, reading tips etc.

my next goal is to try several different styles and one day make a huge Middle-Earth map to put on my wall

so here is fantasy Iceland:

Wow that is really clean and brilliant. I love it. I have to second Arsheesh the drawing style is really nice, those trees...

Definitely post this up in the Finished Maps section - people might not come looking in a "workshop" thread!

I'm giving you some rep here, though. This is wonderful, and you've done a terrific job blending all the elements together into a lovely, cohesive whole with a unique visual style. Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Also, make your own huge map! There are too many Middle-Earths, and everybody already knows what it looks like.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I am just learning to use GIMP. Your maps look fantastic! And I love the mountains that you made. How do you create a brush to use pre-made shapes? I have looked everywhere, but can't find a demo or instructions...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Guild Apprentice

thanks a lot

jshoer: it's really difficult for me to create a functional world... and I've been a big fan of Tolkien's work since I was a kid, so having big Middle-Earth map on the wall is something I really want but who knows, I really enjoyed making this map and want to do some more so I will try to think more about my own world...

tuellmom: I'm sorry, I have no idea about GIMP. I'm using Manga Studio 5

The process may be similar in GIMP. Can you briefly explain the process for your application? I may be able to figure it out.

Guild Apprentice

this guy explains it in the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZI5Kem8dTQ
    i think it might be quite software specific. depends a lot on how much control the software gives you when creating brushes...

Thank you SO much! I'll let you know if I am able to do this in GIMP.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast