Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milan's workshop

Guild Apprentice

today i tried completely different style. it's a rough sketch, but i quite like it... well, will look at it tomorrow and if i still like it, i'll refine it a little bit more

Guild Apprentice

hmm, not so sure about it anymore...

Guild Apprentice

now i tried to apply it to a small part of my world... Pirate Isles between two big continents

Oh I like that a lot. That is a very nice style in that context. I didn't like so much in those close ups at post 32, perhaps because it looks sort of clunky at that size, but at that smaller scale it all just comes together so nicely.

That's a really cool combination of positive and negative. I like it much better on the smaller scale map than the region/world.

Guild Apprentice

thanks i'm not sure which one i like more, but i tried to do some more work, tweaking colors, trying dozens of combinations

this is what the latest version look like

I like the additional and subtle waves you added on the last, but I think I prefer the colors of the previous version. Great style anyway!

Ilanthar is on to something there, I think it's the colours that had me liking the one in #33 so much. So it could be that though the shapes are all good but if the variation in colour is too similar they tend to block one another into one large conglomerate.

Guild Apprentice

thank you very much for your opinions. to be honest, i don't know which way to go next. i'm not happy with it and i've already spent quite a while trying many different combinations, so i think it will be better to let it rest for now and do something else

and yesterday i started working on another map. this one needs some extra information
    there are 3 very important things in my life. 3d graphics (my big hobby and currently my living), ceramics (even bigger hobby and hopefully my future living) and tea (i just love tea). something like 2 years ago I started making simple 3d illustrations with a character travelling through some strange places often somehow connecter to a tea and teapots and i call it Teapotland
    so here is the unfinished map of Teapotland

Guild Apprentice

a little update

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast