Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Milan's workshop

Guild Apprentice

Wip Milan's workshop

Hello there. I've decided to make a workshop thread, because right now I'm trying to develop a look of my future maps but I'm not aiming to make a specific map yet.
    This is what I got so far. Inspired by some 17th century maps, plus Middle-Earth I guess

Excellent work! I really like the style and colors.
    A few comments : I largely prefer the clean coastline and blue of the lake than the blurry bluer part in the down left corner. And be careful with the paper texture, it looks very good but some stains/cracks can sometimes be too much overwhelming.

Guild Apprentice

thank you for comments Ilanthar. I updated coastline, this is the style i will be using i think. You are right about the paper texture. In general, I think there was too much contrast in whole map and it was hard to read... I tried reducing it, also removed few stains (i like those in top right corner for now ) I also tried different style of forest inspired by some maps here on the forum. It seems better, less distracting

Yes, much better I'd say. I see you're doing some interesting tests about forests. I like both, but the new one seems more appropriate considering your scale.

I like the new faded tones much better. Looking good!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Apprentice

i increased the resolution so i can draw a little bit more detail. i used a rough texture in the brush to get sort of pencil look. and also tried to make a compass, but i'm not happy with it so far...
    and i tried new mountains that are in separate layers, so i can duplicate them and move around etc. will do the same with hills and forests later

Guild Apprentice

i spent couple hours yesterday playing with colors and it might be almost final and I love the way symmetry and circle guides work in Clip Studio Paint, so I sketched several compasses (is it called compass in the map?) will probably use one of those 2 in bottom left corner

Last edited by milanvasek; 03-03-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Stunning work! The very pale last version is just perfect color-wise.

Guild Apprentice

thank you Lingon.

i think i have enough separate assets to actually make a map now. i went back to use the old version of forest, because it will be easier to put several of them together and cover big area without having to draw a lot

LOVE IT! The roses are stunning, forests are wonderful and mountains are even better! From the maps I can't really choose, I like how the top one is really defined, but the rest look very cool, especially the last one. Keep on the good work, please!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast