18 47.37%
  • The Elder Isles (Lyonesse trilogy) by Max

20 52.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ### february 2016 challenge voting ###

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ### february 2016 challenge voting ###

Time we got the show on the road. I haven't done this for a while so I'll probably screw something up!

An inspired subject for this month's challenge was to draw a locale from a map in a novel. The styles of map which the challenge produced were incredibly diverse. A beautifully hand-drawn scene of Durin's Lake, a crisp rendering of Hogwarts with little easter eggs, Middle Earth marvellously portrayed, a 3d dungeon of terrible horrors to name but four. But don't just take my word for it........check out the thumbnails!

THE THUMBNAIL LINK IS HERE

I would just like to nip something in the bud before it grows into a problem (again). Many of you will know that the last challenge had questions thrown about how the voting was conducted and that the voting system we employ is biased in some way. Here is how the voting system works:

Anyone who is a member of the CG can vote for as many maps as they wish. And that's pretty much it.

We leave it up to your judgement because we are not going to gainsay your common-sense. There are rules but if you read them they are pretty sensible. We very rarely have to invoke them. If you think a map doesn't satisfy your idea of what the challenge was about then, don't vote for it. It's as simple as that.

People work very hard (me included in this challenge) to get their maps in, on time, to the best of their ability with all their other r/l constraints - it's not easy. When everyone has voted and the results have come in and your map doesn't win, or the map that you liked doesn't win...be gracious and congratulate the winner.

We are here to help each other get better at mapping. That is what this guild is all about. Just look at how most of the contestants in this competition have been helping each other. *THAT* is what we are trying to promote here.

So - with that little rant out of the way to the votes: