View Poll Results: What type of map would you like to create to celebrate the Guild's 10th birthday?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyone designs their own square within a landmass which Robbie will provide

11 47.83%
  • We make our own separate islands which will be merged into an archipelago map

3 13.04%
  • Everyone creates their own room as part of a larger dungeon-style map

9 39.13%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sites 10th Birthday is coming next month! Let's celebrate!

If everyone did a room or a complex of rooms, however as Ravells suggested, they could all be stitched together at the end regardless of how many participated and would make for a very interesting layout methinks.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Alright guys, I'll brew a big shape of an island for us to divide in tiles. If you want to I can hold it secret and give everyone just 'his tile' - so you know what it is you were working on at the end when we combine everything =)

If yes, I'll include a list here of the participants in advance (will be updated if there are more / if this is the thing we go with):
    > SteffenBrand
    > J.Edwards
    > ChickPea
    > Josiah VE
    > GLS
    > snodsy
    > Abu Lafia
    > ravells
    > Ilanthar
    > tainotim
    > Tonnichiwa
    > Falconius
    > - Max -
    > lesopeso
    > Lingon
    > Bogie
    > Diamond
    > Savage Orc
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 03-23-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Oh, and if we are doing Steffen's as originally suggested, it would be cool if somehow Robbie could do a quick layout of the landshape - as he set the shape for the Guild way back when, seems appropriate for him to do that here [if he wants to - not trying to throw him in the water ]
    I don't mind...I'd be honored! I'm reading all these ideas and I'm REALLY loving it! Although, I think I'd be more inclined to divide the land map into countries and assign countries rather than grid squares. Makes each individual style make more sense.

I also like the map your space idea...but what if it were mapping a guild space...you could base it on your own space, but it would actually end up being a space in the guild. We could even do it as a battle-tile concept where there's a pre-determined set of openings so they can be put together in any arrangement or something like that. I'm quite a bit more partial to anything thats geared more towards mapping the guild or something guild related than just a cooperative landmass.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Congratulation guild! My favorite place on the internet for the past years, and hopefully will be for a long time!

Oh, and you can count me in on that list Steffen!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

And you can count me in too. I guess we could call this a patchwork quilt map huh?

You can count me in as well, whatever the plan.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I'll include you three. I don't mind having Robbie set the thing up (somehow missed the comment Robbie should set it up -.-) - actually I like this even more. If he wants to. =)
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 03-22-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Count me in too Steffen, a great idea here!

Okay, so what I was thinking was someone would make a giant layout of the map, coastline and main geographical landmarks, then it would be split of into tiles or countries. This could be randomly generated (I use GIMP clouds then threshold it for a random coastlines and continents). It doesn't matter too much about the exact number of people participating, if it's big enough there would just be a few extra tiles undrawn.

The room thing is also a good idea, I imagine it would be stitched together at the doors in the end, to create an actual connected map. I don't like the idea of islands as much because then it would be just like a bunch of separate maps in the end.

I'm getting very excited for this now, I'm definitely in, whatever we end up doing.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast