Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

I would like to be part of this, it´s such a great project. Some room left?

This thing's really taking it off. Love it.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Troedel View Post
    I would like to be part of this, it´s such a great project. Some room left?
    Sure thing Troedel. I'll have your country posted to page 1 of this thread in just a moment. Glad you could join in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Phillips View Post
    This thing's really taking it off. Love it.
    It is
    Drawing up new lands is taking a lot of time, but I'm glad to be able to get as many people in on this as want to join in.

EDIT - Troedel, just posted your country - #46.
    Jax - you got a special one - the impact cratered islands from a possible meteor crash.
    Hoping you'll do something really crazy with that... hopefully that will draw you in and get you properly motivated
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-06-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Main Map will now be updated on page 1, in post #2, along with the png scale.
    So check there from now on for changes to the map. Thanks, J.

Awesome! I don't see any orange in the last several maps are there no mountains? I admit, there may have been a post earlier that did away with those but I haven't read through the entire 16 pages of this challenge.

This is fun. Thanks for all your extra work J.Edward

Edit: what is the lined out area to the NE of my country, is that a Rock mass like Yosemite El Capitan?
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-06-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Awesome! I don't see any orange in the last several maps are there no mountains? I admit, there may have been a post earlier that did away with those but I haven't read through the entire 16 pages of this challenge.

This is fun. Thanks for all your extra work J.Edward
    Oh, you had me worried there for a moment
    Brown is the new orange
    Changed around some colors and ridges went brown. Probably should have said something about that.
    See, I didn't really plan this all out very well - just jumped in feet first - then looked where I was jumping later. Haha

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Guessing you produced these in Fractal Terrains, is there an FTW map available for us? Would be nice for working out the terrain!

It's all good. Thanks for the update. I'm in my mental chewing phase now.

Of course all these climate experts have me wondering if I need to be worried since I'm not sure where I'm at environmentally.

Edit: not to make problems but if I'm reading my blue lines right I've got river issues....you want me to make those work based on meteor impact or something? Also, I'm now seeing the lined out area as a lake...groovy, fishing folk.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-06-2016 at 04:41 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Guessing you produced these in Fractal Terrains, is there an FTW map available for us? Would be nice for working out the terrain!
    Hey Rob - the original land - the main center body - was done in FT. The rest was done by me, by hand.
    So #27 and on were hand drawn - so no FT file for that. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    It's all good. Thanks for the update. I'm in my mental chewing phase now.

Of course all these climate experts have me wondering if I need to be worried since I'm not sure where I'm at environmentally.

Edit: not to make problems but if I'm reading my blue lines right I've got river issues....you want me to make those work based on meteor impact or something? Also, I'm now seeing the lined out area as a lake...groovy, fishing folk.
    We had some discussion on climate and such on page 15 - you might enjoy that bit
    Do as thou wilt... just have fun with it.

Edit - not seeing the issue with rivers.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-06-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Is there going to be a climate map with biomes, temperatures, currents, winds and rain shadows and all that stuff to go on or should we just kinda wing it and hope it turns out?

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast