Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I do like these community projects and really enjoyed CWBP 1 and this anniversary one. CWBP 2 fell a bit flat come the end tho. I always wanted a world that people mapped and mapped and kept adding to like some gigantic open source thing. When we come to the cities we can put them all on as well and any underdark regions too. Hey we should take one big city place in the world and divide up the city into blocks and let each person map a block. Hmm never thought of that till now. We have always all mapped different cities....

I must speak with robbie about that leaflet thing. Looking at the full res composite is very nice.
    CWBP 2 project is still there, all the base work for it is done, we still have all the files. All it needs is for people who want to map in it. I was actually about to restart on my map for CWBP 2 when this popped up and diverted my attention. And this is basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    That is so cool.

Country shield/crest/ heraldic what-not - or whatever symbol you'd like to represent your piece of land....
    Here's a quick screen of how big it will be...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guildworld - nuland 01acrop.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	82837
    So basically about 500-700x500-700 pixels at 300dpi was what I was coming up with.
    If you want to draw one, we'll replace the flag on your country with the new symbol.
    Just make sure to make it a png with transparency so it's easier for me to place it on the map.

You can post the symbol in your map thread - start the post with Attention J - then your post - that way I'll be sure to see it and go DL it so I can put it on the map.
    Looking forward to seeing what people will do with this.

Okay, cool! I'll have to make one.

I had a cool idea, we don't necessarily have to do anything about it and I don't know what you were planning to do but I just thought it would be pretty neat. If we kept developing the world for a good while (if the enthusiasm lasts), with town maps, regional maps, stories, descriptions and all that goodness, and eventually grouped all that great content into a booklet thing that you could download or print or something for anyone to use. That way he super detailed awesomeness of this world could be all saved in one place instead of all these different threads and might actually be put to use.
    That would probably be a lot of work to compile it all, but just throwing the idea out there.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Okay, cool! I'll have to make one.

I had a cool idea, we don't necessarily have to do anything about it and I don't know what you were planning to do but I just thought it would be pretty neat. If we kept developing the world for a good while (if the enthusiasm lasts), with town maps, regional maps, stories, descriptions and all that goodness, and eventually grouped all that great content into a booklet thing that you could download or print or something for anyone to use. That way he super detailed awesomeness of this world could be all saved in one place instead of all these different threads and might actually be put to use.
    That would probably be a lot of work to compile it all, but just throwing the idea out there.
    We're talking about some stuff like that at the moment.
    Enthusiasm will be the key. Redrobes is working on getting a good zoomable map here on the Guild at better quality.
    We had talked a bit about doing awiki - which would only be worth the effort if people continued to be enthusiastic about doing it.
    Even if the wiki doesn't happen... we could still compile it into a nice downloadable atlas

I started updating the map with the Country symbols. So far, just 3 - me, tonnichiwa and robulous.
    Maybe I'll have to make a separate notification thread in case people missed it here... ?

Oh, and the new map is now the actual size I started with - 18000 x 9018 pixels.
    I had been halving it so file size would work, but now can post the full size one.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I started updating the map with the Country symbols. So far, just 3 - me, tonnichiwa and robulous.
    Maybe I'll have to make a separate notification thread in case people missed it here... ?

Oh, and the new map is now the actual size I started with - 18000 x 9018 pixels.
    I had been halving it so file size would work, but now can post the full size one.
    I saw it but I'm still hesitating.
    Last edited by Azélor; 04-24-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Well, you probably missed mine (not enough coffee ?). I may haven't correctly followed your indications... And now I've seen the other ones, I'm wondering about adding a motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, you probably missed mine (not enough coffee ?). I may haven't correctly followed your indications... And now I've seen the other ones, I'm wondering about adding a motto.
    I did miss that. And yes - you should do a little motto
    Maybe scrolling across the shield? I will try to add that in tonight - I'll check to see if you update it first.

Do the country symbols need to be shields of some sort for continuity?
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Phillips View Post
    Do the country symbols need to be shields of some sort for continuity?
    Nope. Whatever symbol you'd like to represent your country.
    Just make sure it's done as a png with transparency - no background under the image.
    It helps if it's close to the size I stated earlier, but if larger I'll just shrink it to fit so worries.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast