Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

Cool volcanoes! But you might want to consider altering the city dot colours, because at first I thought it was a bunch of cities in craters.

I can't wait to see it finished!... meanwhile, I really enjoy to see your progress on this wonderful map JE.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking pretty darn good I must say - wonderful work
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Coming along absolutely gorgeously, not many mountains left now! I agree with Falconius about the city color, it's a bit too similar to the volcanoes. Otherwise I love the subtle color scheme, though I realize it still might change May I ask what font you're using, by the way? It's super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Cool volcanoes! But you might want to consider altering the city dot colours, because at first I thought it was a bunch of cities in craters.
    Yep, that was something I was concerned about - and now I know.
    I have chnage dit to another color, which I think looks even better, so thanks Falconius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I can't wait to see it finished!... meanwhile, I really enjoy to see your progress on this wonderful map JE.
    Thanks Ilanthar. There will be a lot more to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    looking pretty darn good I must say - wonderful work
    Thanks Tilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Coming along absolutely gorgeously, not many mountains left now! I agree with Falconius about the city color, it's a bit too similar to the volcanoes. Otherwise I love the subtle color scheme, though I realize it still might change May I ask what font you're using, by the way? It's super cool.
    Yeah, I am so thrilled to be so much closer to done with those.
    They're fun to create - but so many!!!
    Yes, change to those city dots. Check.
    Color is even more subtle now.
    Oh yes, I love this font family. Halis Rounded is a font I bought over at MyFonts.com. 8 weights, 16 fonts, small caps... brilliant.
    It's so clean. And holy cow - it's 90% off right now. I paid a lot more for it, though not full price. Buy it!! Only $16 bucks right now.
    What a bargain.

And a bit more of an update...
    Much more labels. I may do the land feature labels as type on curve... not sure yet.
    Still needs river names and other assorted waters.
    I'm really liking how this looks with text.
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05 - update18.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	82756

90%!!! Yes please! Had to add 25% vat so it actually became $20, grumble grumble But I did not hesitate of course. Big thanks for that!
    Oh, and the map update is pretty good too The city color is certainly less confusable now, but I think it lacks the pop it had before… If you're not completely sold on this color, maybe try a greener tone? I definitely vote for curves, curves are nice... Love that khaki tone on the land feature names though, spot on. The city labels could perhaps have less spacing between the letters?

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    90%!!! Yes please! Had to add 25% vat so it actually became $20, grumble grumble But I did not hesitate of course. Big thanks for that!
    Oh, and the map update is pretty good too The city color is certainly less confusable now, but I think it lacks the pop it had before… If you're not completely sold on this color, maybe try a greener tone? I definitely vote for curves, curves are nice... Love that khaki tone on the land feature names though, spot on. The city labels could perhaps have less spacing between the letters?
    Yeah, what a steal! You must move quick for the discount.
    Green... hmmm... you seem to lean toward green. I'll look at it.
    Green's not really in there. Might look good, might not.
    I try to keep my font spacing the same, largely, from region to city but I may look into that.
    I was trying to get a quick update so curves had to wait till a bit later, but yes, curves.
    My biggest problem is going to be mountains, as I don't really want to cover up all those nice mountains I just did...

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    My biggest problem is going to be mountains, as I don't really want to cover up all those nice mountains I just did...
    Heheh. One of the reasons I don't like labeling. Good luck.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Whooooooaaaa those mountains in Nehimre! Looks like I ought to be able to feel them if I run my fingers across my monitor. Great work.

Haha, I guess I do lean towards green… Feel free to disregard that as the ramblings of a madman then! Maybe a warm purple? And yeah, labels covering the mountains, I feel for you there… Perhaps a thinner weight of the font would help, hiding less of the painting?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast