Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 05 - Lands of Nahadua [J.Ed land]

The gate keeper quickly turned and sent a runner to bring the Lord of the City.
    As crowds shifted out into the streets near the gate, hungry dogs sniffed the sharp scented air and licked their drooling mouths in anticipation.
    Trumpets were heard in the center of the city informing all that the Lord was on his way.
    From shaded brows, the crowd eyed the strangers from another land suspiciously, yet not to say maliciously.

Finally the citizens of the city began to part as the Lord of the Yellow Lands strode confidently toward the great gate of the city.
    From a distance he hailed the newcomers with a deep bellow of welcoming and stepped directly to the emissary...

"Welcome sir and welcome to your taurian crew. Hmm, what's that you have there? It smells wonderful...
    Let me see that tray. Oh my, how delightful. What a marvelously civilized folk, to greet a stranger with such a casein variety.
    I am told that you have inquired of us regarding an alliance, a league of co-mutual beneficence, a veritable conclave of confederation...
    a consortium of cheese-loving folk. How exquisite. How neighborly and truly propitious of you.
    An auspicious encounter, I might add, and well met - a stranger bearing cheese!
    Come, join us in our fair city" he said, and turning with a great sweep of his arm to encompass the swelling crowds and onlookers
    "and let us celebrate together this Peace of Cheese."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peace of Cheese JS-2016.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	81917
    And from that day, were they allies, sharing not just a border between countries, but as well a deep invigorating love of cheese.

...that was excellent Tonnichiwa
    Once I read your post I had to quickly make up that little image for the event.

I'm a little further on my map. Mostly just laying out the land features.
    I doubled the size of my map so I could get more detail, but I might have to triple it.
    I'm thoroughly enjoying this.
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05 - update03.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	81921

Haha! That gave me a good laugh! That Peace of Cheese thing is amazing!

Wow, you're quick. That's already looking great, you could already use that as a functioning map.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Josiah - I had wanted to ask you what you thought about this - I added a plateau.. i was drawing in land elevations and just starting doing it and then realized I had drawn most of the plateau in your country.
    If you're okay with having that in there, we can go ahead with that. You don't have to, I just thought it'd be cool to have some plateau areas

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05 - update03 crop.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	853.7 KB 
ID:	81929

I think that's pretty cool, I could add it to my country.

I kind of want to switch over more to this style now. That's what I originally wanted to do, more of a political top down map than the isometric style I got a small start on.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I like both styles. People, in general, seem to like the iso mountain style better - but I often feel like i can get more detailed and specific with top down.
    It's a toss up sometimes. I may do a few versions of my map if it goes well.
    I thought it could be cool to do a real old world kind of thing - like ancient times - sea monsters and all that.
    Also want to do a really good atlas style one with city/town info and all the names and such - which just works better with top down.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    "and let us celebrate together this Peace of Cheese."
    "And from that day, were they allies, sharing not just a border between countries, but as well a deep invigorating love of cheese."
    OMG, that is awesome!! I can't stop laughing!!

Referring to one of your earlier comments, I don't have a lot of sea in my area, but maybe I should create The Temple of the Crabbit Yins, an obscure order of monks, known for their cheese-hating rituals.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Yeah, that's why I wanted to do the top down, I want to have lots of specifics and details for this map. I usually do iso style but for some reason on this one I want to have it more realistic and it's harder to get that with iso I think. I'll try top down a bit and see how it goes.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Haha! Thanks for that J.Edward! That is a great way to start an alliance. I'm still laughing and I keep coming back to read it.

I have a very busy weekend but I definitely plan on getting back to my map as soon as I can. I'm glad you started to do yours so I know where to begin my mountains and you have given me ideas about how to draw my map.

I look forward to seeing where all of this goes. Thank you for keeping track of it

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    OMG, that is awesome!! I can't stop laughing!!

Referring to one of your earlier comments, I don't have a lot of sea in my area, but maybe I should create The Temple of the Crabbit Yins, an obscure order of monks, known for their cheese-hating rituals.
    Nice That will add some nice story bits to this.
    There were rumors about that new temple cult out on the edges of the cities... they were strange, and savage, for they ate no cheese!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Yeah, that's why I wanted to do the top down, I want to have lots of specifics and details for this map. I usually do iso style but for some reason on this one I want to have it more realistic and it's harder to get that with iso I think. I'll try top down a bit and see how it goes.
    Yeah, top down allows for a lot more than iso. It's hard to do but can be very effective.
    Your iso looks great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Haha! Thanks for that J.Edward! That is a great way to start an alliance. I'm still laughing and I keep coming back to read it.

I have a very busy weekend but I definitely plan on getting back to my map as soon as I can. I'm glad you started to do yours so I know where to begin my mountains and you have given me ideas about how to draw my map.

I look forward to seeing where all of this goes. Thank you for keeping track of it
    I was thrilled to see your post with the story... that was so perfect
    It makes this process even more fun for me.

Probably last update for tonight... probably.
    Finished all the rough ridge lines and set some tentative cities and towns.
    Lingon, Josiah, Tom, Tonnichiwa, Arsheesh - don't worry about the ridge lines and rivers that I drew in.
    I was just thinking of it like my people speculated on the terrain in the making of their maps.
    Yours do not need to match mine. Just map as you would
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Guild World Map - JEd country 05 - update04.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	81937
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-02-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Damn J. your map is barely started but already gorgeous! I'm crippled in the planning stage... I wanna draw mine in pseudo iso style (as usual), but I'm tempted to try other styles too!!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast