Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Map 15 - Hallanicus (Tonnichiwa's Land)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Oh, and if you look real close, you will see that there is a yellow monument made of sandstone that commemorates the signing of the treaty of our peoples with the "peace of cheese"

EDIT: Sorry about that Waldronate. I didn't see your post till after I posted mine.

So with that information it sounds like I will have to wait until the map is done because once I export it to photoshop I am not sure I can get it to go back into cc3+ again. Either that or I could move the text someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Uh oh, better watch your backs or else the anti-cheese monks will sabotage the monastery... Naw, it's too far of a journey for them.
    I am preparing support troops as we speak to aid in the defense of the Monastery. There has been too much anti-cheese violence of late, and we must do what we can to stem this tide before someone breaks the peace of Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    You are welcome to come to the monastery and try the many different types of cheese made there. And of course, all of the other things that cheese is made for

I hear there is some form of smokeweed made by a race called "hobbits" that we might have to start a trade agreement with....and, of course, go sample some!
    I sent out a merchant ambassador to a far island nation several days ago, on the rumor that they were in need of cheese and had some fine pipeweed to trade.
    Perhaps upon their return, some merchants will make their way north with new spicy cheeses and this legendary pipeweed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Oh, and if you look real close, you will see that there is a yellow monument made od sandstone that commemorates the signing of the treaty of our peoples with the "peace of cheese"
    Nice, I didn't see that.

Yes, with all this rebellion going on in my country I'm going to need some help to stop the anti-cheese resistance..

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Yes, with all this rebellion going on in my country I'm going to need some help to stop the anti-cheese resistance..
    The Pro-Cheese/Anti-Cheese forces... I'm curious what the Anti-Cheese forces have as their basis/motivation?
    Do they see cheese as unnatural? or is it that they are opposed to the milk itself? Or are they sort like animal liberation forces trying to free the cows from oppression?

Or... are they a bunch of bitter lactose-intolerant malcontents, set on ruining things for the lactose-tolerant people?

Hmm... good question. I was thinking some wonky religion where the movement against cheese is the main focus, but those are some pretty good ideas.

What the motivations behind the religion are, I have no idea. They believe cheese is evil.
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 04-05-2016 at 09:54 PM.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I think it's a crusade by some crazy sultan or potentate that just happened to be standing near one of those lactose intolerant types while he was trying to enjoy a feast. One moment later and the room cleared....well...thats how I heard it anyway.

More likely the cheese issues are pure ignorance. A well-prepared washed-rind cheese is virtually lactose-free. Of course, the aroma of many of these cheeses might be mistaken for a poorly-prepared cheese after it has passed through a lactose-intolerant individual. It's always better when the milk has a chance to go bad two (or more in the case of Casu marzu) times before it is ingested!

Hmmm, these issues seem to go deeper than I had previously thought.
    Perhaps a council on cheese awareness should be set up and several reports prepared on these issues... which of course will require a modest request of funds for that campaign and the requisite reports.. and maybe for a department to oversee it... which might also require a few buildings to be purchased to house this cheese council... sounds like it could be expensive. We may need to raise some taxes to accommodate this new venture... which will likely lead to some civil unrest, needing some additional constables. And after all is said and done, we may need to fight a war or two to fund all of this research to find out why people will resort to violence to suppress the people's enjoyment of cheese.

Edit - by the way, I'm enjoying all of your comments
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-05-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Ok, well, I decided to bevel the edges of Southvale (and a few others). Does it look better or still not doing the trick?

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartographer's Guild Birthday World Map12.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.07 MB 
ID:	82103  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast