Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Map 10 - Khilang-Thale, The land under the sky

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!

Now a bit of facts about the country:
    Khilang-thale means "land under the sky", because its first inhabitants strongly believed in misterious gods that lived over the clouds. This region is almost entirely surrounded by mountain ranges, and in some places, it reaches an high altitude.
    This natural barriers protected the land from invasion, and kept the three main cultural groups in isolation.

Theocracy of Yarun-Sala:
    The theocracy of Yarun-sala is a big empire risen along the rivers, whose inhabitants worship Yarun, the mother-goddes of water, incarnation of traditions, family nature and virtue. The spirit of the goddes spoke through the church, and his priests rules this whealty country, but an old legend spokes about the birth of a "sacred daughter" who is destined to reshape the cult..

Ashamaru's Brotherhood
    According to the legend, Ashamaru was the first man the gods spoken to, and the founder of the sacred order of the brotherhood, a monks cult that lives in the mountains and prays the old gods over the sky. Rumors says that the monks have a tremendous power, but they use it only to keep the peace.

Kingdom of Darpakang
    The bloody Kingdom of Darpakang is more like a group of warrior clans, with an history of civil war, ruled with iron fist from King Darpa, a feared warrior that legends says descended from Kang, the demon tiger of the mountains.

p.s. forgive my bad english
    Last edited by Tom; 05-08-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Awesome map, Tom! And cool background stuff too. The three sigils/gods are excellent.

I don't believe I've commented on this for awhile. It's absolutely stunning. Every part about it I love. Clouds are amazing, the illustrations and of course the map itself.

Aw... you got rid of the "bla bla bla" in the top left corner.

Now as for trading.. which town was it you were looking to trade with? One of the cities of the rebels of my land I believe... so you've sided with them..... This will mean war!! I still haven't gotten around to writing some history and story about my land, wish I had time for it. This week... this week...

P.S. Your English is excellent.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567