Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 13 - Josiah's Land (Name TBA)

That's just so cool! nivce work Josiah, I think I'm gonna reshape my rivers too..

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That IS cool. The layout of the cultures is really appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hello neighbour! Besides some worrying about northern alliances (i think the nahaduan emmisary spoke of "pernicious southern territories" ), i'm glad to hear your empire is falling somewhat apart due to inner struggles...
    I think the only border I have with you is where the Empire is, and if you're not friendly they will try to defend against you! (of course the other factions in this country would love to see you invading )

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    That's just so cool! nivce work Josiah, I think I'm gonna reshape my rivers too..
    Thanks! I'm wondering if your monks are also cheese hating, then they could be in league together. Heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That IS cool. The layout of the cultures is really appealing.
    Thanks!

I started writing and came up with a lame story about a young cheese-hating-monk-dude and was wondering how I could post it (if anybody wanted to read it) without taking up tonnes of room.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Do you want to change you thread name to Territories of Ami-Kotrai? Or is that just transitional at the moment?
    I was wondering, so I can place your country name on the big map.

That was just temporary, but I may end up keeping it. I can't think of a better title than 'territories' because they're definitely not one united empire. I'll let you know whether it's permanent soon.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Very nice mountains, and your rivers seem to be in perspective with them! I like the outlining of the political situation

Thanks Lingon! Actually, the mountains are a brush I put together, I was originally going draw them by hand, but I wanted to make them smaller to make the country seem bigger, and that would have taken a long time. I made them myself, so I don't feel like a cheated too much.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I've gotten a bit more now. J. Edwards, I think I will keep the name Territories of Ami-Kotrai.

I've got some names for places, not sure if they're final. I made a plateau where there will be savage tribes and all sorts of strange animals. In and west of the Eksher mountains the will be dwarves, some cheese hating monk dwarves and some not. And the non-cheese-hating-monk-dwarves hate the cheese-hating-monk-dwarves because cheese is one of the dwarves favorite foods.

I put a bunch of dots for cities in the Haschmal Empire, just to get an idea of the cities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josiah's Lands.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	766.6 KB 
ID:	82056

A question: Since I changed the shape of my rivers a bit to try and make them more isometric looking, how will the borders work because they won't fit to the rivers perfectly..

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    A question: Since I changed the shape of my rivers a bit to try and make them more isometric looking, how will the borders work because they won't fit to the rivers perfectly..
    Looking good Josiah! I wondered already about the same thing. Due to this, i haven't done the border-rivers yet, but i think we'll find a solution there. If you finalise the rivers i can import it into my map (or the other way around...) and make it the border.
    Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

I would say to just keep your country borders the same, even if the rivers change some.
    We'll deal with that when it comes time to put together the BIG map at the end.

And this is looking great Josiah. Love that plateau.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast