Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Map 13 - Josiah's Land (Name TBA)

That town map is looking good, especially for a map that can be done in half an hour!

And the main map is looking great too!

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I like the idea of filling the exterior of your country with a thematic map. I might do that as well.
    Thanks Azelor!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    We can create other thread prefix tags. Right now we just have [country] but we can create some others.

And of course, a special envoy from Nahadua will be present.
    Should you require additional guards for the town,
    we would be pleased to guard the cheese
    Thank you for the offer, we indeed may need some more guards when the festival comes round again (what should the date be? )

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    That town map is looking good, especially for a map that can be done in half an hour!

And the main map is looking great too!

-Dan
    Thanks Daniel!

Here's a quick update, I've decided to add a border and information along the sides and stuff... Needs to be fixed up but I'm working on it.. I'm not very sure about the circle inset on the top right yet, which has names for terrain because the town labeling is already kind of cluttered, but now that I think about it I think I could squeeze terrain text in there too...

Anyways what do you think of it?

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josiah's Lands copy.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	82709

I guess I should probably just finish the map so it can be put onto the composite map and then add the extra stuff...

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wow, this looks great, I feel like I've missed most of this progress. Everything has come together so nicely though, and I like the political map up in the legend.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Lunna's Avatar

Hey Sir! Good, cool, pretty and eh... It's really a beautiful map. I liked the disposition of the information in the last update.
    The disposition of the forest, mountains and the rivers ah... It's very careful making. I like the palette of the color you have used and the effects in the plateau in the north, Mangrath Plateau, and in the Tamaju Jungles.

Goodbye senior.!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Fantastic I love the indent maps and the side texts, very classy. Inspiring.

Well done. Your plateau is beautifull even if it is disproportionate to the mountains. All the elements are coherents.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Wow, this looks great, I feel like I've missed most of this progress. Everything has come together so nicely though, and I like the political map up in the legend.
    Thank ye kindly Falconius.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunna View Post
    Hey Sir! Good, cool, pretty and eh... It's really a beautiful map. I liked the disposition of the information in the last update.
    The disposition of the forest, mountains and the rivers ah... It's very careful making. I like the palette of the color you have used and the effects in the plateau in the north, Mangrath Plateau, and in the Tamaju Jungles.
    Thanks for the comment Lunna!

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Fantastic I love the indent maps and the side texts, very classy. Inspiring.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Well done. Your plateau is beautifull even if it is disproportionate to the mountains. All the elements are coherents.
    Thanks! Well, yes. The lines are thicker for the plateau also, because I made the mountain brushes with a 4 brush but then I scaled the brushes down, but still drew the plateau with a 4 brush.. Well, you learn something every map, hopefully I'll be able to make it work better in the next map.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

It's a great map, very well done But I wonder why you need three inset maps? If it's because of space, you can shrink the city labels quite a bit in a map of this size, so you can put in some large, sweeping labels for the political and geographical areas. It makes for a difficult read when one needs to move between three corners and the main map to get all the info. Maybe there's something that you can't or don't want to move into the main map, but I'd suggest trying to cut it down to one inset

Another great wip I was missing.
    You map is vast, detailed and very well drawn.
    I spotted two typos ("hemselves" in nation of Haschmal explanation and "inhabitents" in hidden cities explanation).
    Really good work so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    It's a great map, very well done But I wonder why you need three inset maps? If it's because of space, you can shrink the city labels quite a bit in a map of this size, so you can put in some large, sweeping labels for the political and geographical areas. It makes for a difficult read when one needs to move between three corners and the main map to get all the info. Maybe there's something that you can't or don't want to move into the main map, but I'd suggest trying to cut it down to one inset
    Thanks Lingon! I already realized there's easily enough room for more labels on the map, so I'm definitely going to cut the terrain names one (in fact I already have). I may try to put the country names on the map itself as well, but I won't take off the political inset.

Quote Originally Posted by fabio p View Post
    Another great wip I was missing.
    You map is vast, detailed and very well drawn.
    I spotted two typos ("hemselves" in nation of Haschmal explanation and "inhabitents" in hidden cities explanation).
    Really good work so far!
    Thanks Fabio! Thanks for catching those typos, I kinda wrote it quickly and didn't pay too much attention to spelling (I probably should have). If anyone sees anything else amiss please let me know!

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast