Thread: Map 24: The Hundred Celestial Cities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not sure why some are blurry and some aren't. They're brushes that I made, and are half size, so for example if one brush was normally 231 pixels, I knocked it down to 115 pixels. I'm thinking it's some rastering artifact that wouldn't happen if I was using a vector program.

But after placing all these mountains, now I don't like their look - too pointy. I'm going to go for some rounder, lower, more subtle ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why some are blurry and some aren't. They're brushes that I made, and are half size, so for example if one brush was normally 231 pixels, I knocked it down to 115 pixels. I'm thinking it's some rastering artifact that wouldn't happen if I was using a vector program.
    I actually had a bit of the same problem with mine (because I made my own brushes for mountains too). Some of mine looks a little blurrier or crisper than others because it was a bit of a whoopsy on my part by putting all of the sizes down to 60 even though some were bigger than others. I really should have just made them all half the size, there would have been more size variations in the mountains than too, but oh well, you can't really notice it unless you're zoomed in 200% on mine.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM