Name:	Land_of_the_pure.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	4.46 MB 
ID:	82077
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Off to a good start Barek, keep it up!

Thanks Max, much appreciated

The humans of Zelina are united in one huge kingdom. Rather than geographically people are divided by stature. On the lowest level you have Dasa, servants/slaves pending on the interpretation. Those are all humans without a land of belonging of their own as well as members of other (heathen) tribes and races. They tend to lowliest of jobs such as public cleaners, rice field workers and miners. Upon them are Serfs, servants of the higher ups: Hadzi, Ratniki and Patrasi. Hadzi are merchants, public servants, land owners, politicians. Ratniki are the warriors made in Stone and Heat and Patrasi are the priests and monks of the Life's Flow.

Lands of Zelina are divided into three areas of similar size. To the south warm and humid subtropical Leshi region with its many rivers, wetlands and fertile soil provides home to more than 90% of Zelina people. Vast rice fields provide food for the people while many different fruits are grown in the northern parts. Fishing and trading overseas is another big part of the economy although somewhat repressed due to the harsh race laws.

The middle part of Zelina is a conglomeration of multiple mountain chains that together hold the name of Kichmiri, or the Spine. The highest peaks are the Juthro and Nochne ( Morning and Evening Brother), two ancient volcanoes over 7km (~23000 feet) high. The most important part is the only valley connecting the north and the south of the land which enables people to travel for the Yatra.

The northern part is a hot dry area. The central point is the plateau of the Beginning. An ancient piece of land believed to have seen the birth of the world. Rich in metals, gems and minerals it is also the source of Duscha ( Great river of Life), the most revered holy site. Plateau is of an average height of ~12000 feet which turns the scorching heat down to barely tolerable. Shepherds living there produce some of the finest and lightest wool as well as strong, herbal flavored cheese demanded worldwide due to its taste and rarity. At the center of the plateau there is the second holy site of Zelina people. Othac (Father Stone), a large stone in the middle of a huge crater thought to be the seed that was planted and sprouted into the lands of Zelina once bathed in the waters of Dusha. The people living in this area are mostly warriors and monks, training in their two fighting ways.

All of humans in Zelina have a duty once in their life to visit the town of Poche-tak near the Othac and the source of Dusha. In the third month of the year they gather there to witness the arrival of fresh waters from the mountain that invigorate Dusha thereby giving everyone present a blessing and the promise of an eternal life after death. Warriors, monks and wealthy citizens often have their bodies sent down the river after they die.

Ok, after this long description here is what I've done today (almost all mountains are done). I decided to stick with the mountain sizes but I have reduced the plateau a bit. Hope it looks nice.

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land_of_the_pure.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	82152

Hey Barek, really nice detailed lore about Zelina. I can totally understand that you opted for not reworking all those mountains and it was the right choice in my view. The new plateau looks great and fits way better with the mountain ranges. Looking forward to see this develop.
    Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

That looks great. Nice backstory.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks Abu for the kind words Had a lot of fun with the history.

Thanks Josiah

Cheers,
    Barek

That backstory is great as well as the map! Are you going to color this map?

-Dan

Thanks a lot Daniel. I am planning to color it yes

It's looking good Barek. And hell, that's a big volcano!

Thanks Ilanthar

Phewwww!!! Mountains and hills drawn...now coloring, arghh!!

Also still thinking on how to draw the forests, have made a nice brush but for a coniferous forest. Tropical one will be tricky. Ah well, little steps...

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land_of_the_pure.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	82609

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast