Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 32 - The Maucland Confederacy

Hey, can I get somebody with mod powers to change my thread title to "The Maucland Confederacy?"

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    At first, I was just approaching this project as something I'd have to crack out quickly. (As I do cartography on the side from my day job, usually my projects happen at a very leisurely pace!) I figured that would make the map of Maucland quite difficult, and I decided to just take a basic approach. But the more I do, the more I am enjoying diving into this, and the more I want to experiment.
    Same. That's one of the reasons it's so enjoyable I think. I find that I have no self imposed expectations from this map project other than enjoying myself.

Adruc can be anagrammed to Dracu, that's halfway to a vampire! I only notice because I went through a game where one of the NPC's was named Ardoc, and our nemisis was named Draco and nobody even realized the anagram till halfway through the story and she'd murdered half the party through what we thought was idiocy and incompetence by then. Ah good times. Now of course the form sticks in my mind.

Very clean line work, it must take quite a bit a of planning to not screw up. I know that by this point I'd have labels crossing lines and mountains that melded into rivers. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Hey, can I get somebody with mod powers to change my thread title to "The Maucland Confederacy?"

Thanks.
    I got that. Done.

Thanks, J!

Falconius, you must have been all over Tom Riddle. :-) Yeah, I plotted out everything on a sketch map and then lightly in pencil on the "real" map before I started inking things in. I'm glad you think it worked well!

Big changes from the last update as I got to the point where I could start coloring. I'm pleased with how it's coming along!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4702.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	5.19 MB 
ID:	82452

SteffanBrand, tainotim, and Meshon, I will put your countries' names in the appropriate places on the border once you name them. Ocean names also need to be decided, and I've got to watch what happens in Azelor's country.

It's looking good. I hope the Prophet Lt is not held by a wrecker .

It's looking great! Marble and Puffin island... interesting.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I was thinking of coastal Maine for those.

There is still no name taken for the water body in the southeast of your country. Any idea?

The sea is shared with tainotim, Bogie, Robbie and Meshon.

I put in some more work today coloring and inking the lines that connect the border to the center. It's looking great and I hope to upload a picture tomorrow.

For the body of water southeast of my country, I will have to think a bit...but for the one to the north I might just be unimaginative and call it the "Northern Ocean."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast