Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Map 32 - The Maucland Confederacy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I put in some more work today coloring and inking the lines that connect the border to the center. It's looking great and I hope to upload a picture tomorrow.

For the body of water southeast of my country, I will have to think a bit...but for the one to the north I might just be unimaginative and call it the "Northern Ocean."

Don't think so, I think we're around 35-45 degrees north latitude. I'm gonna guess that other countries wouldn't use your new emperor's name. Hey, that's a fun idea, you could indicate renamed things on your map as the new emperor tries to rewrite history to serve him!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Don't think so, I think we're around 35-45 degrees north latitude. I'm gonna guess that other countries wouldn't use your new emperor's name. Hey, that's a fun idea, you could indicate renamed things on your map as the new emperor tries to rewrite history to serve him!
    Yes, I'm kind of thinking that I might be drawing an older map, with the new emperor's scribbles on it.

Here's my latest!

# LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4704.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	82526

Lots more coloring, shading, and styling. I'm debating a little with myself about the legend - include it or not? Put a border around it or not? Put a border around the title?

I'm also putting the name "Great Northern Ocean" on my map (not inked yet, though)!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looking gorgeous jshoer! (Well, your map is... )

Your shading is so very well done, but even without it your neat linework and attention to detail is top notch! I particularly love your mountain ranges and their changing colours as they go through the different environments!

That colouring is beautiful, this map is going great.

Very nice, love the interesting color selection
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Thanks, everybody, I'm glad you like how it's coming along! I think I will be finished by the 20th.

Really nice job, I'd add the legend, it can help define the storyline. Beautiful color variations

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast