Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Map 32 - The Maucland Confederacy

That's a good thought, snodsy, thanks!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Really nice! The coloring is great and the lines originating from underneath the island gives it a very bold look, neat

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Just agreeing with the compliments here, it looks amazing. I think my rebellious northern territory is probably keen to make friends with your east-coasters.

Cheers,
    Meshon

Well, thank you, and the states in my confederation certainly appreciate the vote of confidence expressed by the people of your northern territory, though I certainly can't condone rebellions.

Which drawing style do you guys like better for an illustration to go in the area over my compass?

I lean toward the sketchier one instead of the clean one, just because I think it would look more clearly like an illustration on the map.

I'd go in between. I like the shading style of the sketchy one - better energy - but there's a lot of clean line work in your map too. Maybe just clean up some of the outside/top edges of the sails on the sketchier ship and see if it works?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Sure, thanks. It's funny, it was all the clean lines in the map that made me think to go sketchy for an illustration. I'll play around with combining clean lines with the more energetic shading before I do it on the final map!

Setting the ship doodle aside for a moment to get some coloring finished. Land is done, Trader's Sea is done, northern body of water is done! I will settle on a name for the body of water to the east and put the ship illustration in, and then finish coloring the ocean over there. I want to let Azelor go for a bit so I know whether to put anything in the tiny bit of the Kingdom in the Clouds visible to the southwest. I'm also waiting for tainotim and SteffanBrand to name their countries!

Sorry for the slightly blurry picture:

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4708.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	82610

That looks awesome, jshoer!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast