Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Map 32 - The Maucland Confederacy

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Nice work here Jshoer. Great looking mountains and the map style is very nice. For the boat I would also recommend the cleaner lines. The sketch looks good but doesn't fit the style in my opinion.

Very nice improvements! The map is better and better.

I drew a boat!
    I drew a boat!
    Take a good, hard look at the

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4710.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	6.30 MB 
ID:	82650

My apartment isn't great for photographing art in the afternoon; please excuse the focus and white balance!

Looking for a place to put my signature, I decided to just use the land to Maucland's southwest. I will color it according to what Azelor is doing, but I won't put in details down there. The rest of it is about done, though not yet painted (which will brighten and smooth the colors a bit).

Thanks for the feedback about the boat, everybody. I am thinking of inking in the page outside the border so that would be solid black, do you think that would work well? Also, I have nothing to go in the northern border segment because there isn't a country up there - I think I would just leave it blank?

It is a worthy boat
    Is there sea ice to the north that would be worth indicating? Or monsters? Or nothing? Or blank is okay.
    The black border... ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maucland black border.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	82655
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Yeah, Chashio, like that. Just to set things off.

I like it.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I like that boat!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Not crazy about the text along the border, if use, maybe don't break words? Nice illustrative elements you've added.

Maybe I will play with the format of the border text digitally after I finish. Right now, I like it because it helps place my map in the wider world!

So, here is my plan for finishing this map:

Once I get an idea for how to color in Azelor's territory (I suppose I could go drab, but that's no fun and not in style), I will do that and then photograph the map carefully. Then, I will paint it and photograph it carefully again. We can see which looks best. SteffanBrand and tainotim's country names can go on at the last minute!

Time wise, none of this will take long. My main constraint is that photography works best in the morning. So, I am hoping to finalize everything by Saturday morning, take the first picture, paint, and then take the second picture Sunday morning. I should be done Sunday.

But, but... this excellent boat is not going toward my country? Worse, it seems to come frome the dangerous eastern lands .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast