Thread: Map 16 - The 16 Duchies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Looking great. I think the forest have a charm to them, I quite like them. Did you draw each and every tree individually?

Out of curiosity, what background texture are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    The trees fit perfectly in imo with the hills and mountains, was actually thinking of the same/similar thing for my map. Just a question similar to Joshias; are you using individual tree brushes or have one awesome one that circulates through a couple of pre-made trees? I'm asking since yesterday I spent unsuccessfully 2 hours trying to make a good tree brush
    I drew a roundish group of 5 or 6 trees first. First outlines and shades and then on a separate layer the color. I merged those into one layer. Then I just copied that group and pasted it a couple of times to build up forests. After that I have solid chunks with a repetitive pattern. I just grabbed a couple trees with the lasso tool and moved them around to break the pattern and give the idea that the forests is spreading out and getting less dense. Hope that helps!

As for the background texture. It's a texture I found online somewhere but I have not idea where. If you want I can attach it with the next update.
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 04-08-2016 at 03:34 AM. Reason: better explaination