Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Map 16 - The 16 Duchies

Very nice dragons indeed. I think some lineart on the farmlands could do the trick.

I really love the last elements you added and the swift color transition makes me jealous.

Dragons!! You deserve a thumb up just for that!
    The only critique I could do is to add more variation in color or luminosity, the lineart is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    THe dragons are lovely, lettering is ok but maybe a bit strong? Farmlands I wouldnt add to this map actually, just cant see them fitting with the style. Am stealing your forest design for my map btw
    Thanks! Steal away, dear sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    I agree with Barek. The dragons are awesome, but I don't think farmland would fit the style... but it's still looking beautiful!
    Thanks, I think I might do one more test with the farmlands. If they're still not working then I'll leave them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Troedel View Post
    Really a good map, the colours fit and the font is really nice. Only nitpick I have is that the mountains are somewhat uniform. A little bit of variation in slope and height would make it look a bit more natural. But that´s one for another map. It looks great like it is!
    Thank you, Troedel! Someone mentioned it before. I'll try to add a little more variation in future maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice dragons indeed. I think some lineart on the farmlands could do the trick.
    Thank you! I'm going to try and do a little linework to see how that looks (:

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I really love the last elements you added and the swift color transition makes me jealous.
    Thanks thomrey (:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Dragons!! You deserve a thumb up just for that!
    The only critique I could do is to add more variation in color or luminosity, the lineart is perfect!
    Thanks Tom, are you reffering to the dragons, or the map in general with what you said about the colors?

-Dan

Decided to do highlights on the mountains, added roads, and tried out something new for farmland. Not quite sure about the farmlands, but I'd like to hear what you guys think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	[WIP] The 16 Duchies of Harewood 12.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	82546

As always, let me know what you think!

-Dan

Still looking good . About the farmlands, I would try to put a very slight line around the areas and maybe inside (between the different crops). A bit like what you did with those great roads.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Coming along beautifully! The farmlands are a good start but they come across as being in a different perspective than the rest, I'd try squashing them vertically a bit. Their colors are also very dominating, could work though depending on how many you plan to include.

Yes, agreed. Still looking good! Those bright coloured farmlands aren't my favorite.. Maybe tone them down a bit?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Alright, I got rid of the farmlands, I just didn't feel good about them. I have done some minor tweaks and think I'm going to call this finished.

The finished JPEG:

Name:	Duchies of Harewood 1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	82644

And the finished PNG:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Duchies of Harewood 1.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.79 MB