Thread: Map 18 - The Clanhold of Lindore

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Default Map 18 - The Clanhold of Lindore

Okay...so late I missed the starting gun on this one...

I hereby introduce to you the Clanhold of Lindore

A land almost evenly divided into the Highlands and the Lowlands, the Clanholds are most commonly known for three things...The raging ferocity of the Highland beserkers, the fertility of the lowlands, and the strength of drink produced by both. The clans of the highlands create a potent brew by fermenting milk from their domesticated bighorn mountain goats, while the lowland clans create a heavenly, but even more potent golden 'Hootch" combining the plentiful wheat and barley that they grow, with the clear mountain waters flowing through their lands and aged in the Black Oak barrels made from wood harvested at the foot of the Hag Mountains.

It should be noted that while the Lowland clans have dabbled in what is locally called the "the curdled bread" known elsewhere as "cheese", the highland folk will have no truck with such things, because as they see it, "Milk should be drunk, as it always has, from time immemorial. As the Gods intended."

More to follow as i get more done on the map. Not too sure how I want to go about this...

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Clanhold of Lindore (country 18).png 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	81989  
    Last edited by Korash; 04-03-2016 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I should learn to proof read before posting....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Haha, this should be interesting
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Hehe, great story! Can't wait to see you get going on this one.

Hehe. Excellent.

hehe, this made me laugh
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

So...a week goes by and I am still struggling with the high lands...

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Clanhold of Lindore (country 18-3).png 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	82292
    I know I can do some sculpting of the the highlands to make them more distinct, but don't know if this is even the direction I want to go....

Anyhoot, seeing as how I am working on the highlands, I offer some more on the Highlanders themselves.

The Clans have always been fighting something to keep what was theirs...be it from raiding monsters from the west, the rampaging elements of the mountains, or the other clans themselves. This constant warfare and struggle with the elements has molded them into a hardy and emotional people. "Fight hard, die hard, and party while you can for life is short" could very well be the highland moto. The most important things to a highlander is their Clan, Family and Sword. In that order. The Clan is who and what you are willing to die for, your Family is who you fight and die beside, and your Sword is what you die without...

Each Clan claims one of the many valleys which are dotted throughout the highlands and defends them against all comers when the need arises. Which is not to say that life here is only a struggle for survival. Just that everyone, Man, Woman or child, is never far from a weapon of some sort. A frying pan or kettle would suffice if the need was there. Within each Clanhold there are many families, often spread out over quite a few villages who trade with each other when the need or desire arises, with gatherings at the Clan seat every few months or so. These Meets are occasions of great feasting (NO cheese...that be reason for a good flogging that is), drinking, dancing and wooing of neighboring villages daughters. Oh, yes. Some trading and markets are also going on.... but mostly the feasting dancing wooing and drinking... The four previously mentioned activities are usually accompanied by "music" provided by what the highlanders lovingly call the "Goat Horns" which is an ungainly instrument made by filling a goatskin with air and forcing that air back out through various horns sewn into it. These horns, placed at various locations around the skin, combine to create a wailing that is said to guarantee that the Banshees of the Hag Mountains NEVER approach the highlands..... It should also be noted that the lowland clans have also created something similar, but using sheep skins and producing an even higher pitch....

More to come when I get some decent work done on this map...
    Last edited by Korash; 04-09-2016 at 12:30 AM.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent