Not much to show yet, still figuring out what will need to be shown, but I wanted to get the thread started so I could get my flag planted!

I have Map 30, which has a working title of Kettelea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kettelon-scale.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	320.1 KB 
ID:	81997

Here I am figuring out how the weather works a bit, I am guessing there were be lots of winds coming from the southeast, and that most of the moisture will be stopped by the mountain ranges along the east coast, leaving the interior and northern coasts pretty dry. There were no rivers when I started so I took a best guess at where some could be. There will be one big one bisecting the interior.

Name:	kettle-1-1-geo.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	768.2 KB 
ID:	81998

Based on that (and Warlin's Sliss'Ash'Schtū) I took a quick stab at how political power is distributed. The oldest inhabitants are the tribe-based Highlanders, who actually don't like living in the high lands. Unfortunately the Ashteen dinosaurs invaded in a search for new hunting grounds and took over the northern half of Kettelea, leaving the high lands the only safe place for the aboriginals. Some of the northern tribes of Highlanders allied with other foreigners to acquire technology and weapons for an alliance against the invading Ashteens. Those (the Blue group) were able to retake half the northern coast before the Ashteen stopped hunting them for sport.

If I scaled everything correctly the little gray circles should have a diameter of 28miles, so walking from the center of the circle to the edge should take about half a day. This helps me figure out settlement density. I will probably not show them all in the final version.

Name:	kettle-1-2-pol.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	81999

That is about it for today, more tomorrow.