I started adding labels and am starting to experiment with how I want to show the political boundaries, but nothing is set in stone yet. The city density is low enough (and I plan on getting rid of at least some of the cities) that I could probably make their labels a bit bigger, but for some reason I like them small for now. This is the font I liked best tonight, but I will look at more tomorrow.

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kettle-3-1.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	82719

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
You draw contours to de-stress. That is worth rep right there (well, and the already becoming awesome map!)
Thanks for the rep! I guess its just one of those things that can be done mindlessly, so it helps get me to the 'zone'.

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
April 20th is a soft deadline...
Well that is good news for me I guess. I will take my foot off the gas and judiciously mop my brow as I catch up on some of the phenomenal maps in development! You guys have been busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
...The style is coming together. I definitely find my own maps change from what I intend to do, to what appears on the map. You're right though, trying new things is never bad, these challenges make us expand our horizons, both literally and figuratively. Artistically. Whatever. Something deep.
Thanks, this is definitely turning into an atlas?-style map, which means I need to dig out my atlases from whatever coffee table they are hiding in and get inspired!

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
I'm pretty sure that the current Emperor of Aperia is really interested in the Island of the Hunt. Like, he probably thinks he should own it. Also likely has yet to figure out why none of his expeditions are coming back from there…
The group of Islands in the NW will probably be the "Emperor's Isles", since a former Aperian Emperor controlled most of the isles at one point (and even had private hunting resorts on a few of them (those were some huuuuge resorts!)). Unfortunately the Saurians invaded and took control of the islands (partially due to those fancy shmancy hunting lodges/resorts), so your current Emperor actually has a strong claim on the islands.

Also, the highlanders have officially forbidden the sale of coconuts to mainlanders (and the island Saurians have no interest in the coconuts, they are much too easy prey), but there are a few thriving black markets (coco-marts? mark-ocos? for short) if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
This is looking pretty good! I like the 'feel' of a ring of coastal cities around a desert interior.

And that rock/island/city will be awesome.
Thanks, I will eventually break up the 'ring' a little bit, but I feel like I need a little bit more data on the map first. Maybe adding some political info will help...

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
Hi neighbor! My saurians are happy to consider the island of the Hunt as an extension of their territory and would see with a good eye as a tribe they are regularly assigned on it. Why not a few of your best warriors to maintain the form by a bit of sport...
The Highlanders actually are willing to tolerate the Saurians, since they do not mind resisting the inevitable expansion of the Aperians! The enemy of my enemy is also an enemy but not quite as enemy-ish under the right circumstances...or something.