Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Map 26 – Alïnoha [Lingonland]

The trails/routes are an excellent idea. Is there an Grandmotherland Agency? Hilarious .

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Wow that is beautiful.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks guys! Lol Ilanthar, maybe, such matters are not discussed publicly

That's a beautiful work of art, Lingon.
    The map is great, I wish I coul use watercolors by hand as I'm often struggling using them digitally with poor results.
    The people of Alinoha in the lower right are a great add.

Thank you Fabio! Wouldn't even know where to start with digital watercolors, though I've seen some beautiful takes on it, Chashio comes to mind as a master of it, and I remember a city map in the Cartographer's Choice archive with a great watercolor look, so it can be done at least
    I think this one is officially finished now, can't think of any more additions, so here's a version at correct size and isolated on white background. Not making it the latest wip as I consider the previous update to be the actual final version, this one is just for the jigsaw assembly
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26 wip9.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	82556
    Last edited by Lingon; 05-02-2016 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Adding the tag anyway to make it easier to find it

Thanks Lingon
    Watercolors are hard. Doing them digitally is not easier (at least the way I do them) but it is easier for me to keep things clean on a computer. I think traditional watercolors are more beautiful though.

I like how you moved the title info and signature onto the map for the composite version, Lingon. Excellent idea!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Just wanted to chime in and say how lovely those mountains are!

Glad you think it was a good idea, Chashio, and thanks for chiming in with your experience of the medium And thanks a lot, Jshoer!

Attention J!
    Before the mammoth-herding tribes were found, the settlers stumbled upon a sculpture high up in the Eight-Fold Massif. It was a stone face, about the size of a human head, with two large tusks of an unknown kind attached to it. In the broken ends of the tusks, saplings had been planted.
    The sculpture was made by the Ral'Doth tribe, and similar icons are created by all the native tribes of Alïnoha. They are rarely made from full-grown mammoth tusks, as these are too valuable to build winter houses from, but when a juvenile falls victim to a predator or illness, its tusks are often put to use as art. No-one remembers why they do these sculptures anymore, it's just one of those traditions that nobody wants to stop. They are interpreted as symbols of the human-nature relationship, of death giving new life, and of the spirit world and material world united. Though there are infinite variations on both meaning and physical form of the sculpture, it's a symbol which everyone in Alïnoha, be they nomad or resident, can identify with.

Name:	emblem2.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	82995

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Attention J!
    Before the mammoth-herding tribes were found, the settlers stumbled upon a sculpture high up in the Eight-Fold Massif. It was a stone face, about the size of a human head, with two large tusks of an unknown kind attached to it. In the broken ends of the tusks, saplings had been planted.
    The sculpture was made by the Ral'Doth tribe, and similar icons are created by all the native tribes of Alïnoha. They are rarely made from full-grown mammoth tusks, as these are too valuable to build winter houses from, but when a juvenile falls victim to a predator or illness, its tusks are often put to use as art. No-one remembers why they do these sculptures anymore, it's just one of those traditions that nobody wants to stop. They are interpreted as symbols of the human-nature relationship, of death giving new life, and of the spirit world and material world united. Though there are infinite variations on both meaning and physical form of the sculpture, it's a symbol which everyone in Alïnoha, be they nomad or resident, can identify with.

Name:	emblem2.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	82995
    Got it. It will be on the next map update.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast