Thread: Map 34 - The Eastern Reaches of Khaluk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I redid the mountain masks to match up with my neighbours mountains.

Since then I have been running the world sim with all its tedious rain settings and so on. Only when I use my program do I remember why I don't release it.... Anyway, after a pitched battle with it I have some semblance of settings that dont suck. The problem with artificial height mapped data is that it was never made during the process of erosion and so on so it always generates loads of local water troughs. There is some settings to get around this but the proper way to do it takes so long to run I cant be bothered. So for now here is where its at and maybe ill faff with it some more yet and maybe let it chug for many hours over the w/e and see what it comes up with.

It has started putting some beaches in now and I can just about make out the waves on the shore but at this scale they are a single pixel wide. This wip is scaled down from the full sized run too so you may not see anything that suggests they are there.

Edit: Also a gratuitous 3D view where you can see a better view of the beaches.
    Edit2: Ok, rendered out the texture at higher res and cut out the beach. Thats better !

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_02.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	750.0 KB 
ID:	82220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render_03.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	82221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waves.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	82222  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 04-07-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    ...it always generates loads of local water troughs.
    The impatient among us start out with a basin fill step and then punch back in the lakes that are important.

These are really nice, I like the way plan view's transition from forest to mountain, really nice feel.