Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Map 28 : Khagramor (Deadshade's Land)

Nice work Deadshade. I kinda agree with Falconius about the labels. If you keep the font, maybe you can increase a little the size of the labels. And yellow is a good choice, but it's a bit too saturated by contrast with the land, imho.

Guild Artisan

Thanks Falconius and Ilanthar - you confirmed my suspicions that it clashes with the map style.
    And yes Ilanthar I saturated all it went in order to make it readable.
    OK so I will keep the river name on the map because this simply can't be done in another way and will have to do do something else for the rest.

Guild Artisan

New update with another version of the labels.
    It seems more consistent with the style than the previous version. Thanks for opinions and criticism.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khagramor-labels2.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	83254

### Latest WIP ###

I like the scroll! And the reference numbers are working, but it's a bit sad we won't see the names on the guildworld full map, though.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I like the scroll! And the reference numbers are working, but it's a bit sad we won't see the names on the guildworld full map, though.
    Well I just asked via PM if I am authorised with a limited squatting of ocean surface. After all those are Dwarven trritorial waters and nobody would want to mess with them

Guild Artisan

Attention J.Edwards

I finished the dwarven shield now.
    It is a composite piece demonstrating the dwarven ingenuity. It is crafted by hammering together layers of soft gold and hard mithrill. The exceptionnal hardness of mithrill prevents penetration and the gold softness absorbs the energy of an impact.
    The consequence is that this shield is unbreakable and absorbs quite well even the most violent strikes.
    The center which takes the strongest beating has a larger proportion of gold layers for energy absorption and is usually intricately etched.
    These shields that every dwarf dreams to own always display the embossed runes F and M standing for Forthûr Markhil what means Mines and Glory.

Name:	Shield_Khagramor.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	329.7 KB 
ID:	83338

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshade View Post
    Attention J.Edwards

I finished the dwarven shield now.
    It is a composite piece demonstrating the dwarven ingenuity. It is crafted by hammering together layers of soft gold and hard mithrill. The exceptionnal hardness of mithrill prevents penetration and the gold softness absorbs the energy of an impact.
    The consequence is that this shield is unbreakable and absorbs quite well even the most violent strikes.
    The center which takes the strongest beating has a larger proportion of gold layers for energy absorption and is usually intricately etched.
    These shields that every dwarf dreams to own always display the embossed runes F and M standing for Forthûr Markhil what means Mines and Glory.

Name:	Shield_Khagramor.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	329.7 KB 
ID:	83338
    Nice work. I'll get this on the next map update.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Great shield! But I share concerns about the labels. It would be nice to see them on the actual map, and in a more legible font. I can see why you chose it for stylistic reasons, but it's hard to read whether on the map or not.

Guild Artisan

Ah it is regrettable that people don't read dwarfish runes . But Vox Populi, Vox Dei .
    It would be better like that ?

Name:	Khagramor-labels3.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	83430

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it is not a problem with the font - it is the fact that your labeling is outside the country, so when it gets cut into shape the banner will be gone and thus you will only have some numbers but with no reference. :/
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast