Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Map 39 - Gorgomotha, the Penninsula of Giants

Very nice greek style.

I don't know if I've ever seen a Greek vase style map around here. That's a great idea!

Okay, here's a minor update.

Subtly is not the name of this map, so the mountains and other iconography is big and brash.

The trick with this style, I'm finding, is restricting myself to the four colors only. No blending, no transparencies. It's a fun restriction to figure out how to work around.

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorgomotha-#39-R3.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	82345
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

PS: This map brought to you by McDonald's.

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Also, I've taken some minor liberties with the topography around the borders of the Cocarne Empire (Carnifex) and Khaluk (Redrobes) while still trying to adhere to what you guys have established in your own maps.

Let me know if that's already.

PS: Got an idea brewing for those zombies of yours, Carnifex. Turns out zombie-dwelling giants might have a use for that sort of thing.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Very striking! Nice to see a different map style. Mou arései as we'd say in Ancient Greece, I like it :p

I think your map is really clever, Will. The iconography does a great job and is well-chosen. Those mangroves really seem like they came straight off a hellenic vase.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. As I said, I'm trying to go with a style that's a bit outside of what I normally tackle.

Here's some updates, sans context because I'm getting off this damn computer for the night!

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorgomotha-#39-R4.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	82413

That's really stylish - very eye-catching and well designed! Nice job on this Will.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Love the giants.

There are some tree icons outside the forest design. Is that intentional?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast