Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Map 39 - Gorgomotha, the Penninsula of Giants

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    There are some tree icons outside the forest design. Is that intentional?
    Yeah, trying to figure out how to show a transitional, savanna zone.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Phillips View Post
    Also, I've taken some minor liberties with the topography around the borders of the Cocarne Empire (Carnifex) and Khaluk (Redrobes) while still trying to adhere to what you guys have established in your own maps.

Let me know if that's already.

PS: Got an idea brewing for those zombies of yours, Carnifex. Turns out zombie-dwelling giants might have a use for that sort of thing.
    Tell me more! Sounds cool!

Default Attention J: Global Map Icon

I'm unsure how much work I'll be putting into this beyond (in the next few days) getting the borders cleaned up.

It's been a fun little exercise, but it's also reminded me how much of a slacker I've been towards my main map project.

That said - here's an icon for the global map!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorgomatha-Icon.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	82945

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Phillips View Post
    I'm unsure how much work I'll be putting into this beyond (in the next few days) getting the borders cleaned up.

It's been a fun little exercise, but it's also reminded me how much of a slacker I've been towards my main map project.

That said - here's an icon for the global map!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorgomatha-Icon.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	82945
    Thanks Will. I'll add it to the map.

That's a cool a cool illustration. I like the simple color scheme of your maps, along side the pictographs (or whatever they're called). Together these elements definitely lend a certain atmosphere to the map. I'm wondering if the corners of the borders couldn't be cleaned up a bit more though. The wave pattern is nice, but the overlapping of the patterns where they meet at the corners is pretty apparent.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh, I totally agree. I said above, I'll be cleaning up those borders this week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123