Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map 42 - Wuqiong, the Eternal Land

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I think we are using similar inspirations, especially for the clouds (I'm still working on these), and I have to say that I love the general art style. It will be interesting to see how both maps will turn out once finished.
    Thanks, I really like your mountains too, didn't even think to use those ones. But I do like how they're smaller on yours, makes the land feel so much bigger. I think between the huge mountains and cities on mine it makes it look pretty small compared to the other countries. But it's more of an illustrative thing so it doesn't bug me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I hear ya about text legibility. What is that original font you used, anyway? It's awesome.
    Yeah, I'm thinking of still incorporating the old font in places, but I'll decide once more of the map is done. The original font is Zenzai Itacha, I just got it from dafont, been wanting to use it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    A W E S O M E ! You barely started this map, and I already love it! the "inked" lineart, the clouds, the font and everything, they all create an unique oriental feeling!
    Thanks! Got some ink brushes and like how they turned out, I'm gonna try to make them bleed into the paper a bit later once I start to add the color.

Nice linedraws. It give your map a particulary feeling very interesting.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goombac
    The original font is Zenzai Itacha, I just got it from dafont, been wanting to use it for a while.
    Goombac, I'm doing a second version of my territory, and I'd love to use that font in parts of it, as long as you don't mind me copying you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goombac View Post
    Thanks, I really like your mountains too, didn't even think to use those ones. But I do like how they're smaller on yours, makes the land feel so much bigger. I think between the huge mountains and cities on mine it makes it look pretty small compared to the other countries. But it's more of an illustrative thing so it doesn't bug me too much.
    I think your illustrative mountains are great. They evoke traditional Chinese landscape art.

Thanks Warlin and Josiah, (I would have replied to you the first time too but I think we posted at the same time so I missed yours!)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Goombac, I'm doing a second version of my territory, and I'd love to use that font in parts of it, as long as you don't mind me copying you.
    Yes that's great! IMO the font's too good to only have for one country. Some of the capital letters are a bit janky imo with huge tails and everything, but overall great font. Looking forward to what you come up with, I love the banners of the first one. I was thinking of possibly including some sort of sigils or something for these cities but idk if I'll have the room once everything is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I think your illustrative mountains are great. They evoke traditional Chinese landscape art.
    Thanks, I definitely used some great paintings as inspiration. I'm hoping I can do the same with the watercolor effect.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Ohhhh, banners on this would rock. I fully support!

Nice! Great choice on the artistic style you are using. Love it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Ok, how the heck did I miss this one? Asian styled maps are my absolute favorite and I go through the guild for days yet miss this? ugh.

Goombac, the style you have going on here is brilliant and I love every single bit of it. I am in awe!

I think the people of Hallanicus will be coming to your country often for trade and on sight seeing expeditions.

Thanks everyone, glad you all think the style is working! I've continued inking and playing with paper texture, but man I've fallen behind between school final projects and graduation just around the corner, it's all a bit much. Definitely haven't forgotten about this though, hope to have a proper update soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Goombac View Post
    Thanks everyone, glad you all think the style is working! I've continued inking and playing with paper texture, but man I've fallen behind between school final projects and graduation just around the corner, it's all a bit much. Definitely haven't forgotten about this though, hope to have a proper update soon!
    Take you're time. No stress on this Goombac

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast