Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Completed Isle of the Unknown Explorer

What a nice little map. Has a good feeling to it.
    Great improvement, Tonnichiwa, and excellent dedication to practice the skills.
    Are you just using the drawing tablet with your practice or do you use paper and pencil/pen as well? It can be useful to do a bit of both as there's a different feel and coordination.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Thank you Chashio. I do pen/pencil and paper as well but I haven't been taking pictures of any of that stuff because, as you can see from my first image, I can't seem to figure out why any actual picture I take comes out sideways on this site, yet when I upload an image from Campaign Cartographer or Photoshop, it comes out fine.

Most of my drawings are done using a B2 pencil right now but eventually I will probably try charcoal, colored pencils, my air brush, some of my miniature paints, and probably some other stuff I can't remember the name of.

I also do Games Workshop's miniatures with my brothers, except Lord of the Rings (they're better ) but I haven't done it for a while because our basement is under renovations.. which is where we would normally play it.

I certainly wouldn't use miniature paints for normal painting... I don't know what kind you use but we use Games Workshops paints..... $5 for a tiny tiny bottle!!!

EDIT: By the way, congrats on your 300th post
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 04-09-2016 at 06:39 PM.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Yeah, that happens sometimes. It opens straight when I click to the full size however, so feel free to post them!
    Maps in charcoal are fun to draw, though often messy. When I read "miniature paints" I had to laugh at myself because for a second there I was thinking, "Ooh, those would work really well with my miniature globes." I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

lol, yeah, their prices are ridiculous. And I don't like their paints. Instead I use Vallejo and anything BUT gw paints. While their paints are ok, their prices are not. I also have some Minitaire airbrush paints I still have to even crack the seal on.

Ugh...too much stuff to do...but that's better than sitting around watching the tele all day.

EDIT: Well, they probably would work well with your miniature globes. I have used them to paint miniatures that are as small as 6mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    ... Well, they probably would work well with your miniature globes. I have used them to paint miniatures that are as small as 6mm.
    Yes indeed, but I have a large quantity of acrylic paints in my art studio that will also work and which momentarily slipped my mind somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12