Thread: Map 31 - The Glorious Empire of Aperia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey Meshon, I'm naming the stretch of water between our two countries the Nescantic Gulf. You can give it some other name in your language, or maybe put that in as the old name so the emperor can cross it out.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Sounds awesome looking forward to seeing this "trumpian" world develop.
    Trumpian? Some kind of political adjective? I wouldn't know, being from Canada. I have NO idea about any Trump cards or anything… No idea… Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    "Tis a silly place".... hahaha! Funny you should write that, as I have plans at some future point to do The Holy Lands of Grail.
    Okay, that will be awesome. Is that your country for the Guildworld? Aperia has a great need for coconuts if you're trading…

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Great to see you joining the party Meshon! The notes already give a good impression of these lands Just imagined one of the northern rebellious folks arguing: "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
    See, I was definitely thinking of Camelot when I made that note on the island. Basically the new emperor has moved his court off the mainland so as to be completely isolated and out of touch. But now I'm really thinking you have defined the underlying theme for Aperia. I'll have to draw fast! I could totally see the Emperor sending knights off on ridiculous quests for coconuts.

So he can have more cavalry of course!

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Hey Meshon, I'm naming the stretch of water between our two countries the Nescantic Gulf. You can give it some other name in your language, or maybe put that in as the old name so the emperor can cross it out.
    That sounds perfect. Does it have a meaning hidden in there? I'll go check your thread for details.

Thanks for the feedback! I should have more after I water the mountains a bit.

cheers,
    Meshon