Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
I've been meaning to ask you Deadshade, other than the desert (which is created magically by that invisible dragon so he can stay warm), how does what I did with my country fit into all of this? That white area in the top part of my country is supposed to be very nasty and cold tundra. The more yellow at the bottom near Lingon's land is supposed to be an arid area that has lots of little grasses on it but it is mostly dry, not quite desert, but certainly dry and not a lot of water. But there is enough dry yellow grasses that the furry cattle can graze on it. They are a bit more robust than your typical farm cow that you would see in France or Italy. Picture more like the kind of cattle you would see in Mongolia.
Like Azelor says.
Your country would be like Finland. Arctic in the North (with tundra) and temperate but quite dry in the South. So basically everything you write is perfectly realistic and correct.
And yes, the North would be very nasty especially in winter when those icy winds start blowing from the north pole. As land is colder than water, and despite the fact that cold air has very little absolute humidity, the travel over the ocean would be enough to generate quite impressive snow blizzards.