Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
Oh absolutely, it's just a guide! Trade winds blow most strongly over water so I'm only confident of their direction over water, you're totally right mountains hugely affect it. Continental wind are much more complicated, but the centre of our big equatorial continent is bound to be bone dry.

Well trade winds blow everywhere because they are just the ground level part of the Hadley cell circulation.
Mass conservation makes sure that they blow as well above land as above ocean - the air simply must get back to equator.
The problem of this planet is that almost all equatorial areas are covered by continent(s).
Air will rise there like on Earth but the huge difference is that this air will not be water laden like on Earth because there is no water to begin with.

So the equatorial continent will not be bone dry only in the center but everywhere.
But the dryness in the lower latitudes will be only a joke compared to the regions situated around 25°-30° N and S. There will be the Mother of all deserts and Sahara and Atacama would look like lush meadows compared to what we have here.
The places which could have some humidity are the NW coasts in the N hemisphere and SW coasts in the S hemisphere in latitudes around 40°-60° where the Ferrel cell brings wet winds if there is ocean to the SW-W-NW.

If I have time, I will sketch a few temperature, humidity and Wind direction elements.
Of course it is just for the fun and scientifical accuracy because I doubt that 20 people would find it funny to just draw deserts.