Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Map 06 - The Lands of Icewind

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Great start Arsheesh! I'm really glad you are able to get started on this. I was wondering who my neighbors were going to be. I can't wait to see the end result because I am sure it will be awesome.

Yep, I think that's the one I used. I've reworked it in different versions (I tend to prefer more uniform and brighter papers).

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Great start Arsheesh! I'm really glad you are able to get started on this. I was wondering who my neighbors were going to be. I can't wait to see the end result because I am sure it will be awesome.
    Thanks Tonn!

OK here's a little bit of an update. I've got most of the major Geographic labels nailed down. Next step will be to add the cities (decided not to go with the migratory concept after all).

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World Map WIP 2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	83074  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

pretty cool arsheesh - love those hard ridges - looking forward to see it develop
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

It's looking great! I'm wondering how you'll deal with forests.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I love the almost-embossed labels; they blend in really well with the landscape, but are still clearly legible.

Hey, there's Zeul
    This is looking very nice Arsheesh.
    It really has good atmosphere.

Hi everyone. I think this may be the final version of this map (though who knows, I may decide to tinker with it some more). I've also uploaded a png version as well.

The story behind this map is that its inhabitants are a tribal people whose customs are similar both to those of ancient Japan and to that of America's First Nations. Various species ranging from human, to elf to orc coexist within the land. Whereas all of the tribes were once nomadic, or semi-nomadic, in the last several centuries some of these tribes have switched to an agricultural economic structure. The three largest of these tribes, the Chiawaka, the Kavano and the Rinoka have federated with one anther for mutual aid and protection. While these peoples do not conceive of the land as something which can be "owned", they nevertheless recognize each other's right to cultivate particular regions of the land without interference. They will thus unite to defend one another against attack.

The land derives its name from the arctic northerlies that regularly sweep over the land with unrelenting force. Of special significance to the peoples of this land is the rare arctic raven, a creature whose feathers are the color of snow. It is thought that these birds are the children of the raven spirit who watches over the northern lands. Sightings of such ravens are seen as good omens.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lands of the Icewind.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	83141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lands of the Icewind.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	83142  
    Last edited by arsheesh; 04-29-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Looks gorgeous, and I love the story too. Elves and orcs co-existing! Love it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast