Thread: Symbology and motifs

Default Symbology and motifs

Hi
    I'm looking for some pointers.

The map I'm trying to make is basically a semi functional propaganda piece . We are great, Majik is Supreme, technology is evil etc. Yet stil show certain facts i.e. that Majik pollutes where most technologies have little waste?

I thought by representing this via Size of their territory vs their foes, but this does not seem enough honestly. How can I portray the fact the race that provides the map is Bias towards other ideologies?

Lastly I really thought about getting some parchment and doing this project but, I read bristol may be better?

Thanks.

Pip Pip

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Generally speaking, people with strong biases (sp?) would generally minimize that that they have that bias against. I would thing that having LOTS of detail of their own territory and VERY LITTLE details of "those people over there". A sort of "Here be Barbarians" and "There be Heathens" lumped in with "Land of the Blue Demons" kind of things.

As for medium, I would suggest using what you feel comfortable with, and practice your techniques elsewhere before committing them to a more permanent fixture.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

In my first experience in Ukraine, I was going through a tech market & some old Russian men were walking through the market place chanting very loudly about how tech has corrupted their people. Made quite the shocking impression on me. Not sure if that helps, but affected my interpretation of those people a bit.

You could also have a traveling merchant selling the map, & have locals scoff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But I like the lack of details idea that's certainly good point. The race making it I think it be more like a poster ? Like we're great they suck

Yeah I've noticed certain I guess it's a Slavic thing? With technology. Russians tend to be loud but really most are cool ( except in TF2) . I enjoyed chess against people in the park in Krakow ( yes I know Poland ) . That was cool . But they are boisterous, win or loose.