Thread: Six maps open for critics and comments :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now this is the part I need to be working on. By connecting my sheets together, it made me realise one thing... Drawing at the junction area between two maps is crucial but hard. However, I cannot go on drawing without a whole picture in my head of the continent, otherwise I am bound to make some unlogical features. Now... Here is a picture of such a junction I am talking of.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	95574

I am thinking of having some grassy plains, and maybe some grassland covering much of the region. My thinking might be wrong, but having some big mountain chain to the east, and the coast being far to the west would make it weird to have some dense woodlands unless there are some big rivers. Taking also in account that winds will be coming from the west with rain clouds to give some showers on the moutain tops, the source of water will therefore not be from lakes but from the east. I therefore have a blank spot (for now).
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Hi there. Great work you've done here, and quite ambitious. Congrats and have some rep!

Concerning your "blank spot". It all comes down to latitude, really:
    - If close to the equator, then you will definitely have to include some rivers as that area seems to be large enough to sustain its own convective centers, meaning it will rain and a lot and you will have tropical forest (think Amazon basin or Congo Basin).
    - Further north (or south) but before the tropics (roughly 23º N/S) it will be savannah, without significant rivers (since it's away from the coasts and shielded by mountains on both east and west).
    - Close to the tropics and poleward, that will surely be a desert, a hot and dry desert, be it sandy or rocky.
    - Above that, forest - sparse, trees are deciduous and adapted to dry spells, then grassland, then forest - mixed, then forest conifers only, then tundra, then permament ice.

Looking at where it lies in the overall map, and assuming north is up, I'd go for the equatorial or tropical choices, depending on where you want your deserts.

Bottom line is... what's the latitude scale?