Thread: Google Earth

Help Google Earth

I am also interested in adding multiple layers to earth map in google earth. In my RPG, I use the actual earth as my campaign setting. I am looking to ad layers that consist of my own locations such as villages, towns, and cities as well as territorial borders. I have been using place markers and polygons that are built into google earth, but I was wondering if anyone know of some tutorial or software that is built for this kind of thing?

I also want to Darken the world map, creating a sort of inverse polygon, so that I can show where my players have been and darken where they haven't been. Any help would be great!

Hi,

I don't know if there is an easy solution. You could check Leaflet map if you're not afraid of doing a bit of HTML/Javascript. (http://leafletjs.com/examples/quick-start.html). It's nicely documented, and there are exemples you can download and easily edit.
    I use it for my own designed maps, but it should work with an open license earth map like OpenStreetMap. Leaflet allows you to set some markers (for your villages and cities), lines (territorial borders) and polygons (darker areas). There is also a layer system to show and hide specific elements.

Dunno if it is what you're searching for, but it may prove useful for someone else.