Thread: Map 56 - No name yet but expect something south-american

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Map 56 - No name yet but expect something south-american

Hello people, I dove into the Guild World !

Not much has been done yet but the working file is ready, you can check it below :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56 - copie.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	857.9 KB 
ID:	84501

I slightly reworked the coast adding some islands to get a more fractured feel. I wanted some aleutian type chain of islands that you can see in the north-west.

This region will be inhabited by native american-like cultures. As the country stretches form approximately 7° south to 37° south, I plan to put this tropical and subtropical location to good use. Deep jungles (Amazonia), dry plains (pampa) , desertic plateaus (Attacama), degree pyramids with sacrifice to dark gods, nomadic tribes, chamans ... clichés but solid clichés. I might rework a little bit the water system to get my big fat river but I still haven't decided. Maybe a volcano and definitely a pleistocene fauna. Next step will be to place some mountains and to be frank, the spacing between the ridges confuses me a little so I'm gonna take time to check how some others have played with their mountains and use their work as inspiration but of course, you can expect Andes-like mountains with high peaks and hidden cities.

It looks like a funny adventure.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 06-16-2016 at 12:05 PM.