Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Export maps from CC3+

Ah!

Right then.

To get to open CC3 myself I need to log out of Linux, and into Windows. I'm just a bit cluttered with open files at the moment, but if you give me about 10 minutes I'll be back with a couple of screen shots for you

Back again

Here is the screen shot you will need to refer to as I describe what to do:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	png export settings.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	102926

I am assuming that you are already familiar with using File/Save as... and picking the "Rectangular section PNG" option from the drop down box at point 1.

Then you need to click the Options button at point 2.

This opens the dialog box you can see in the middle of the screen.

I have set the "Maximum Image Dimensions" to the ones you desire.

In my previous comment I was thinking that you might have been reading the other dimensions that I have crossed out as the ones to be adjusted. Please ignore them entirely. They are the size of image that CC3 will automatically render in order to be able to carry out the antialiasing process (in this example that is set at 50%, which effectively doubles the dimensions you entered in the boxes at the top). They will not affect the size of the output image.

Once you have done that, all you need to do is click OK in the dialog box, and then proceed to save your png as before.

If this isn't making any sense, or you've already tried that, please let me know?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-03-2018 at 11:04 AM.

I've just re-read your most recent comment.

You say there that you posted a screen shot of the exported map. You can easily just upload the exported map instead of going through the trouble of taking a screen shot of it, which is always only ever the size of your screen at best.

The size restrictions are 9.4 MB image size (I believe). If your png export is too large for that, try exporting the same size as a JPG instead

You should get the current update for CC3+, Mouse. The export window will look more like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	102937
    You won't have to worry about that "ignore" part.
    Last edited by waldronate; 01-03-2018 at 09:52 PM.

You know.... I knew there was something I'd forgotten to do.

Thanks Waldronate

CC3+ 3.80 only has 15 listed bug fixes and 17 new or improved features compared to 3.79. I will admit to be being fond of the SYMFILL feature.

The low-res texture problem might be fixable through the RESMODE command and selecting "fixed bitmap quality" with "very high".
    Last edited by waldronate; 01-03-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Thnx a lot for helping me at this point, it looks that i have an very old Version of CC3 3.02 and maybe all my problems will be fixed if i download the updates?

If its CC3, and not CC3+ we're talking about here, my instructions won't be much use to you.

CC3 and CC3+ are two separate apps. I have never bothered using CC3 to know anything about it, even though it came as part of the package when I purchased CC3+.

Your best bet is to log into your Profantasy account and look at what you have listed on your personal updates page.

If you your software isn't registered and you don't already have an account there, or if you are unsure about any of this, your best bet is to contact PF Technical Support through the Service tab on the main Profantasy page.

Sorry i had a really old version borrowed by a friend of mine, but after all this litttle troubles i decided to buy the cc3 +,cd3 and dd3 incl. Symbol Set 2 and 4 Version 3.8. After installing everything i try to figure a few things out and than see if i come to the same problems ;-) i keep u up to date

Congratulations - you have brought the core 3. I have these, as well as Perspectives (which I don't think I've actually used just yet)

Now its important to check your Profantasy account on a regular basis for any new updates - all free of charge for the things you own.

(Says she, who has clearly forgotten to download the latest update for CC3+ in the Christmas rush! )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast