Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Export maps from CC3+

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Default Export maps from CC3+

Hello !

(I hope I'm posting this on the right place...)

I would like to post some of my maps in an album here.
    I work on CC3+ (with some additions of Photoshop or Gimp) but the resolution of my exports are really too low...
    Anyone knows how to increase and have a good result ?
    Thanks in advance for your help,

Jo

For a higher res image with CC3, when you Save As, choose Rectangular PNG then go to Options on the bottom right and change the Maximum Image Dimensions. I usually save at the highest my memory allows so the resolution as good as i can get it, then i'll scale that image down to around 5 MB to post here. Hope that helps

I'll try that tonight

Thanks a lot for the answer, and have a nice day !!!

Hello again... I must be doing something wrong : I choose Rectangular PNG and changed the options on the bottom right (I tried diffreent Images dimensions), then I clicked on "save"... and nothing happens...nothing at all : not a single file is created. Maybe my software is corrupted ?

Hi Jo. Welcome to the Guild.

Usually the best place to get help with CC3+ is on the Profantasy Forum, where among the regulars you will also find the both the experts and the programmers who write the code that makes all of this possible.

However, since you have posed this question here I will do what I can to help, even though I have only been using CC3+ for three months myself.

Do you get to give the file a name and choose a place to save it?

Assuming you do, once you click ok to save the file, you still have some work to do, because if you look at the command line at the bottom of the screen you will see that it is asking for the coordinates of the "first corner" of the selection box denoting the area you want to export. You can either click on the map, or enter the coordinates (0,0 if you want to render the whole map).

When you have done this the command line will ask you for the "opposite corner", at which point you either click the map at the diagonally opposite corner of your selection rectangle, or you can enter the coordinates by hand as before.

For example, if your map is 1000x800 (feet, metres, miles - it doesn't matter) you would enter 0,0 for the first corner, and then 1000,800 for the opposite corner.

EDIT: To get a perfectly proportioned export with no white bits or cut-offs, it helps if you have set your save as options to the same ratio as the size of the map. eg, where the map is 1000x800 you could set the two pixel settings to: 2000x1600 (2x both sides), 3000x2400 (3x both sides), or smaller, like 500x400. Any number you like in fact, as long as the ratio is 5:4, given the length and breath of this example.

If you want a different shape cut out from your main base map, then you can set whatever proportions you like, but you will still have to either select or enter the coordinates of both the corners.

There are always variations on the main theme, but after a bit of practice all of this will become second nature.

Let me know if this helps?

Mouse
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-11-2016 at 11:23 PM. Reason: confusing punctuation on coordinates

If you use File>>Save As with "Rectangular section" in the file type name (e.g. Rectangular section BMP), you will need to enter a rectangular window using the mouse or command line (speaking of command lines, watch the command line for hints about what to do next) and CC3 will save just that part of the display to your image file. If you use File>>Save As with "Bitmap file" in the name (e.g. BMP Bitmap File), then CC3 will save your whole drawing extents to an image file.

Thanks a lot ! Indeed, I didn't understood what I was supposed to do, once I choose the options to save as rectangular PNG.
    So, I'll be able to put some maps here ! Thanks again !!!

Hello All, its me again i followed the instruction from mouse. but the result is still not nice. thats what i did.
    - choose by mouse: file >> save as
    - choose: rectangular section png
    - set Options: pixels 3000 by 2400 -png compression [x] default
    - and than i did what the commandoline was asking me.

this is the result:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD3 png.PNG 
Views:	139 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	102921

and this is the screen shot how it looks like on DD3:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD3 original.PNG 
Views:	129 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	102922

what can i do, i´m using DD3 since a week now and watch one tutorial to the next... it will work some day i think
    thanx for helping me out ... again
    Last edited by Chronist; 01-03-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Hmmm...

That's interesting. I've never seen a colour difference or blurryness like that before - not at a reasonable resolution

When you choose 'Save as Rectangular PNG', are you then clicking the options and making sure that the export is the dimensions you gave above? The reason I ask is because the image uploaded above is a lot smaller than that. It is in fact only 815 x 460 pixels, at which resolution I might expect the result to be a bit rubbish. Could it be, I wonder, that you might be confusing a couple of the boxes in that settings dialog?

Will you try something for me?

Untick the antialiasing box to disable it for a moment. If the figures you are inputting as 3000 and 2400 suddenly go grey, then you are adjusting the wrong scales. The ones you need to set at those amounts are the two nearest the top of the settings dialog.

A screen shot of the settings dialog itself would be helpful, so that I can have another guess if I'm on the wrong track with this?

I will, but i think u have to go one step back with me ... where can i find the antiliasing box and disable it? and where can i find the setting dialog it self, think it makes sense to get my hand on this one..
    the different size are maybe result of the "snipping tool" the first screenshot ist made out of corle draw the second one is made out of DD3 directly.

I also could send you the .fcw file - i´m sure u will find something which explains all my odd map facts ;-)
    Last edited by Chronist; 01-03-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast